fiamma security handle any good?

gp1

Hi doing my online shopping tonight at the (seemingly to good to be true) the caravan shop in glasgow. (For instance they are doing the brunner hosepipe for 10 pounds cheaper than the liesuredirect shop).

Anyway was having a look at the handles for making getting on and off easier. My partner has had trouble since doing the prince of wales trust 3 mountain climb with her back being put of alignment. I read about it and it also doubles as a door lock. Seeing as i cant lock my door from the outside anyway (due to the lock being broken) shall i get one and save myself money on fixing lock / buying door security?

Anyway are they any good?

And when i take my van in for habitation check shall i get them to fit it? Thanks.

p.s. 62 quid.

gp1 - 2018-06-25 6:06 PM

Ok two resounding yes's ill get one. Thanks.

Before you do anything look on the net for damage caused by someone ripping one off a van. If after you’ve seen it, you still thing it will replace your broken lock, I would be very surprised. As a help in and out the van, then yes.

Ok maybe ill have a look. I would have thought those windows looked a bit more easy to break into. I wouldnt like to meet the twisted monster who would wrench things from the sides of vans though. He would have to have arms like a gorrilla. Well ill enquire how much to repair lock.

gp1 - 2018-06-25 6:55 PM

Ok maybe ill have a look. I would have thought those windows looked a bit more easy to break into. I wouldnt like to meet the twisted monster who would wrench things from the sides of vans though. He would have to have arms like a gorrilla. Well ill enquire how much to repair lock.

Good move.

If you buy a Fiamma door handle to provide added security, you’d be wise to choose the “Pro” type where the outer edge of the handle’s tubular ‘frame’ can be locked against the door itself. Otherwise (as starvin marvin has warned) the standard handle offers massive leverage potential for anyone prepared to use force. It won’t need gorilla-strength - just a preparedness to do maximum damage for what might be little or no financial reward.

(I considered obtaining the Brunner cassette water-hose that is advertised as being usable without having to be completely unwound. However, there were enough negative comments about early failure to dissuade me.)

Ok thanks. I might have a think about an internal handle attatched to the inside of the van where the steps switch is..And find out the cost of door repair. Thanks. Yes i think i will get a normal food rated hose. Thanks.

We had the smaller lockable one fitted to our last two vans because of my mobility problems, find it helpful for getting in to the van but not much use for getting out, must be a lot of easier ways to break into a van than snapping these off (and quieter ways)

Point is, if they are hell bent into getting in to your van they will and this extra layer might just put them off.

Pete

breakaleg - 2018-06-28 1:50 PM

We had the smaller lockable one fitted to our last two vans because of my mobility problems, find it helpful for getting in to the van but not much use for getting out, must be a lot of easier ways to break into a van than snapping these off (and quieter ways)

Point is, if they are hell bent into getting in to your van they will and this extra layer might just put them off.

Pete

I find it helps to get in and out. Come out backwards. Would not have been without it

PJay

Will go for it i think. Swift sundance thats a similar van to mine. I wonder if higher or lower would be best. Got a little one so i guess ill go with lower. Cheers thanks for all the advice.

Archived