Selling Van

PJay

Has any one used MotorhomeDeport.com?

Wondering if we use the above company, when selling van. It looks as if it would be less hassle, and easier than trying to sell ourselves.

Also wonder what to leave as extras?

Sadly the time has come give up, so will not need the bits and bobs one uses

Views from others who have sold appreciated

PJay

If you are selling privately your accessories might well help to convince your buyer but if you sell to a dealer they are effectively worthless with the MH, so sell them separately if practicable.

Motorhome Depot has had mixed reviews so take care.  I get the impression that it's a bit like a franchise system and so a lot depends on the calibre of the local representative you get acting for you.

An alternative might be to sell via a dealer but on commission; that way you get a better price but have to wait for your momey until the dealer sell your MH.  Overall you might do better that way but take care to choose a reliable dealer who isn't going to go bust!

This should be a good time of year to sell privately using a Classified Ad on EBay but you will need to study carefully how to write your Ad well, it isn't just a matter of listing everything!

Sorry to hear you are retiring from touring Pauline, nothing I said I hope!!!

We sold our van via a dealer brokerage with Mel Wilkins motorhome sales near Stroud. He runs a small family business and I have known and trusted him and his Dad for many years, although we never did buy a van from him!.

The deal was sweet and we achieved more than I expected, and probably more than we would have on a private sale without any of the worry that goes with selling private.

I appreciate that it is some 90 or so miles for you but it might be worth talking to Mel?

We let several bits go with the van but we still have lots left over which nobody seems to want even at low prices so don't bank on getting much for them!

http://www.wilkinsmotorcaravans.co.uk/

Tracker - 2018-06-26 11:29 AM

Sorry to hear you are retiring from touring Pauline, nothing I said I hope!!!

We sold our van via a dealer brokerage with Mel Wilkins motorhome sales near Stroud. He runs a small family business and I have known and trusted him and his Dad for many years, although we never did buy a van from him!.

The deal was sweet and we achieved more than I expected, and probably more than we would have on a private sale without any of the worry that goes with selling private.

I appreciate that it is some 90 or so miles for you but it might be worth talking to Mel?

We let several bits go with the van but we still have lots left over which nobody seems to want even at low prices so don't bank on getting much for them!

http://www.wilkinsmotorcaravans.co.uk/

No nothing you said Rich. Just feel it gets a bit of a hassle these days, at our age.

We have just come back from a trip to Spain and France .Now have to get the van ready and clean for the sale. Will be sad not to be able to just go, but hey Ho, things have to change, and we thought selling the boat would be hard, but the van became our boat on wheels! I think short trips staying in B&B in Uk will be fine (except for the weather) , at least will have the car to get about, which is my problem now.

PJay

PJay - 2018-06-26 12:08 PM

No nothing you said Rich. Just feel it gets a bit of a hassle these days, at our age.

We have just come back from a trip to Spain and France .Now have to get the van ready and clean for the sale. Will be sad not to be able to just go, but hey Ho, things have to change, and we thought selling the boat would be hard, but the van became our boat on wheels! I think short trips staying in B&B in Uk will be fine (except for the weather) , at least will have the car to get about, which is my problem now.

PJay

We, well only me actually, are hoping to buy a boat to replace the van - not the same I know but I miss my escapism - and the angst!

We've had hotels, b&bs, cruises, coach holidays, self catering and nothing comes close to the freedom and stress of a motorhome holiday and I do miss it so much still!

StuartO - 2018-06-26 10:52 AM
If you are selling privately your accessories might well help to convince your buyer but if you sell to a dealer they are effectively worthless with the MH, so sell them separately if practicable.

Motorhome Depot has had mixed reviews so take care.  I get the impression that it's a bit like a franchise system and so a lot depends on the calibre of the local representative you get acting for you.

An alternative might be to sell via a dealer but on commission; that way you get a better price but have to wait for your momey until the dealer sell your MH.  Overall you might do better that way but take care to choose a reliable dealer who isn't going to go bust!

This should be a good time of year to sell privately using a Classified Ad on EBay but you will need to study carefully how to write your Ad well, it isn't just a matter of listing everything!

StuartWhat are the reviews , regarding them?They have given me a good return price, better than a local one, who just quoted on the year/make/model, without seeing regarding giving to a dealer, being 12 years old, not sure they are really interested. As we have now decided to let go, would rather just get rid asap.. Maybe get myself a sports car?? (on second thoughts NO,)would have travel getting in and out of it!Decision, Decisions!PJay

PJay - 2018-06-27 9:22 AM

Maybe get myself a sports car??

PJay

Aww, go on, show a bit of leg, give all the truckers in Hampshire a treat!!

PS - 12 years old is not a lot for a Motorhome, like many things, with care, they improve with age!!

Aww, go on, show a bit of leg, give all the truckers in Hampshire a treat!!

PS - 12 years old is not a lot for a Motorhome, like many things, with care, they improve with age!!

I can still show a neat ankle, it's the bits above that have changed!

I agree some things improve with age, sadly there gets to a turning point, and things wear out! Brain still ok, it's the mobility that i now have a problem with. I would need a large scooter to get me up the steep hill on which we live. But love the views of the Solent, and the ships and ferries entering the harbour. We will get away on short trips , and the family are widespread, so they may get more visits from us, instead of them using our house as a hotel!!

P

Archived