Opinion on a reliable, all rounder motorhome

Chic

Hi I'm looking to buy a 4/5 berth motorhome, I'm new to this game, but I do have a couple of thing I would like in it, e.g. swivel chairs, air con, modern interior, rear camera, most of all a reliable van, and not something to long. To get most of these things I would need a newish van, but I am also interested in a 5 berth vw calipyso just because its a vw and the price is at least half of a newer van, I know I would need to spend quite a bit to get all these modern touches in a vw, so I was wonder if anyone, could give me advice. Oh, the price range is 35000 maybe a it more.

Thanks

Chic

Welcome Chic.

I do not know what research you have undertaken so far. If you have not already done so I suggest you have a look at MMM Advice on Buying a motorhome.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/buyers-guide/motorhomes/

There are other guides such as Auto Traders' guide which is helpful if buying privately, on Motorhome Fun, and on the Practical Motorhome site - which also includes its Customer Satisfaction awards.

You want 4/5 berths but how many seatbelts do you want? The number of berths and seatbelts are not always the same. How long is not too long? 6.5m is what I consider long, 6m not too long. 7 - 8m long vans are common though. The things that you would like in your motorhome can be retrofitted if you have time and money - eg new fabrics can give a motorhome a new lease of life. You will be restricting your choice if you prefer a VW base; there are some good reasons why most motorhomes are built on Fiat Ducatos [or Peugeots]. How you intend using the motorhomes has a big impact on which motorhome to choose.

It would help to know your location [not your address] and your licence entitlement - a C1 entitlement will give you more choice.

I think you need to continue refining your thoughts. You won't be short of advice though! Mine is buy a higher end of the market German van if reliablity is your most important like - it's mine and I'm on my third German van.

Archived