Things that work.

Hymer C 9.

I was thinking as we are planning trips and getting our things sorted out if a thread about things we have tried and tested that really do what they say here's mine: my double skillet cooks everything from full roast dinners to Jacket Potatoes and cheese toasties. Bake o glide. I would not be without it, Little Suckers things to keep things tidy in shower room, and probablly best of all my giant la free power assist bike definatly would not leave home with out that. Any more suggestions of things that really work please let me know because in the motorhome all space is valuable, so only want to take things that work. Cheers Carol *-)

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Ralph - 2007-01-25 8:01 AM Hi Carol. (or is it Edward? you seem to have a split personality) Just wondered what a "giant la free power assist bike" is. The mind boggles.

It's actually a Giant LaFree electric bicycle. Giant is the brand name and LaFree the model. It's considered to be one of the better electric bikes available but I think that it's discontinued now.

Off to catch the train for sunny London for my monthly meeting - wish me luck! First class with a breakfast included, beats any electric bike that was ever invented!

But it's an electric train Frank so it's similar (well sort of)

I assumed "giant", as in big and "LA free" to mean it didn't use LAs :-D

BTW although you won't read this till you get back London is currently sunny but it's b****y freezing. Of course, as everyone is aware, for us southern softies one flake of snow meand we shut up shop and the roads gridlock.

I bought a 36cm electric non-stick frying pan with a glass lid in a supermarket in Trier last year. It is absolutely marvellous, it cooks so many different things with either very little oil or none at all. It enables me to cook a couple of large chops or escalopes and the wedgies at the same time. It does stir fries a treat.

Another thing that I always take is the slow cooker. So useful for stews and casseroles. Put it on around midday before we go out and it's ready to pop the dumplings in when we get back.

Phil.

Hi Ralf, as Frank kindly points out it is a Giant Lafree bike, which you pedal as a normal bike but if you get tired or the wind against you just flick the power on and it sends you along like Mary Poppins, but you still need to pedal which of course keeps you fit, (by the way its Carol not Edward writing) he's much more interested in the mechanical bits and pieces).

Cheers Carol.

This Forum,

Just goes to show even when away you always get a reply .

especially like when we were in Chamonix Mont Blanc at christmas with no heating .... Handy to have the Lap Top and the Forum....

Oh The people on the forum .could not do it with out you all.

;-) Some real nice people on here except.............the one's that keep repeating themself (lol) (lol) (lol) Even there not bad. ;-)

Electric frying-pan (use it outside as soon as weather permits - avoids smells indoors, have also used mine to make pasta sauce when feeding the five thousand, and very pungent curries!) , campa-toaster to use on the gas hob (we don't bother with an electric one, takes up too much space), gaffer tape (naturally!) & blue tack, wind-up torch, multi-tester, electric fan-heater (warms, dries wet carpet, demists windscreen) and a constantly-changing selection of Charity Shop paperbacks.

Above all, never forget your sense of humour and spirit of adventure!!

Vixter

Me, cheat? The very idea! No, I was working on the post & trying (unsuccessfully!) to attach a pic, and somehow managed to send it 4 times at different stages of the edioting (editing? idioting??) process.

Mod - feel free to knock 3 off my score if the technology allows!

Tony

Archived