c02 levels dangerous on gas

gp1

Hi oh forgot to say habitation check showed that c02 levels dangerous on gas (heating and hot water - not cooker). We only use campsites with electric hookup so not a problem at the moment. Said i would take it back to get it sorted. Any ideas of most likely scenarios? The van is 2004 - they changed the pipe coming from the gas bottle because it read year1999 so its an old system. Cheers. P.s. have a c02 alarm.

Are you confusing CO ( Carbon Monoxide) with CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)?

CO will replace the oxygen in your blood and rapidly induce coma and death. CO2 is more a suffocated gas, still dangerous but not like CO.

CO is produced by incomplete combustion, a yellow flame and soot is a good indication, it needs sorting out and any appliance should not be used until it is.

Probably needs a new jet and / or cleaning.

H

I’d be surprised if the gas appliances providing heating and hot water would be producing dangerous levels of carbon monoxide (CO) actually within the vehicle as, by 2004, I’d expect those heaters to have their gas-burners ‘sealed’ from the motorhome’s living area. It’s possible though that the appliances are producing high CO when their external gas exhaust is sampled.

Not sure if it will be practicable to view the gas flame of such appliances, but it sounds like they are overdue for some TLC.

(Presumably the fridge’s gas operation has been tested and its CO level is OK?)

Those things he said would need further investigation so i said i will bring it back. Fridge would not work on 12 volts - keeps blowing a fuse ? So theres still a couple of things to be done but we are ok to go away. They checked fridge operation on electric and is fine but i dont think they did a carbon monoxide test on it. I mean c o .

Archived