2015 ducatto 150 air bag warning light

thomasplc

thomasplc - 2018-07-30 7:16 AM

The air bag warning light will not go out on dashboard The panel has previously been changed as lights were on in background. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how was it cured.

The error code probably requires clearing. Speak to the dealer who fitted the new panel. Hopefully they will clear the code for free.

Hi, we had the same issue, and found that it is quite common. We had to have a control unit replaced, it is about the size of a wallet and its in a panel by the drivers seat. Our van was out of warranty but I got on to fiat customer services and complained and they replaced it foc as a good will gesture the total cost was240 pounds. The other option is to get it reconditioned, do a search on the net there are a few companies that do this. I also had the dashboard unit replaced twice with the same issues with lights glowing in the back ground. I hope this helps. Regards Tringy.

thomasplc - 2018-07-30 7:16 AM

The air bag warning light will not go out on dashboard The panel has previously been changed as lights were on in background. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how was it cured.

I doubt if the air-bag warning-light illuminating is related to the instrument-cluster having been replaced. This view is based on the assumption that the warning-light did not illuminate straight after the replacement as, otherwise, I’m confident you would have immediately noticed this and complained about it at the time. As tringy says, the problem is more likely to be with the ECU that ovesees the air-bag system.

Suggest you do as Mike88 suggests and get the Fiat agent that replaced the instrument-cluster to look at the fault. It might be fixable simply by clearing an error code, but if the problem is ECU-related, you’ll need to have this confirmed by a Fiat agent if you want to see if Fiat will consider a goodwill payment.

(As I’m sure you are aware an illuminating air-bag warning-light will result in an MOT-test failure - so you need to get it looked at asap.)

Likely to be your ECU. A fiat dealer will plug in their diagnostics kit and not get any response from it and bill you £500+ for a new one. Alternatively: remove it from your van (it is between the driver and passengers seat to the right side of the battery and send it to these guys: https://www.crashdata.co.uk/fiat-01370978080-airbag-module-repair-p/4496.htm

£30-60 and it should be as good as new. (just make sure you get instructions online about removing the ECU - really easy to do)

Apparently lots of these have 'failed' in Ducatos (mine did and was fixed by these guys) They reckon a lot of the ECUs get errors in motorhomes that have been sitting around for a while and have low voltage in their batteries (possibly also from the very common earth strap problem in Ducatos).

• 1 month later...

Archived