Gas it tank.

KasKrn

Hi All,

i am considering converting my 2009 swift Mondial RL from bottles to a 35ltr Gas it tank.

am just wondering if anyone else out there has done this, if so anything i need to know, pitfalls etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

Kas&Krn - 2018-07-31 5:17 PM

Hi All,

i am considering converting my 2009 swift Mondial RL from bottles to a 35ltr Gas it tank.

am just wondering if anyone else out there has done this, if so anything i need to know, pitfalls etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kev

I've had gas it LPG tanks fitted on my last two vans and can thoroughly recommend it. To me it gives me peace of mind motorhoming. The tank lasts for ages. Refilling is easy with no lugging around gas bottles. If you do winter motorhoming and you have gas heating you could empty a gas bottle in very little time indeed. Costs are very cheap too after installation.

I did consider tank but went for individuals. Had I proceeded, I would have put the filler on the same side as the fuel tank filler, which saves any moving about, if you are topping up both. Minor suggestion but refillable is the way to go, no lugging bottles about or fumbling with spanners and you can DIY

we had a gas it tank fitted and previously we had bottles. I would have a fitted tank over bottles as it is so much easier. our filler is on the drivers side as there is a fitting for a gas bbq on the passenger side, we don't have a gas bbq but its there if we ever wanted one.

I can fully appreciate why a motorhome converter (eg. Auto-Sleepers) might choose to fit an LPG tank as standard, or if a ‘bespoke’ panel-van conversion is being planned (gains interior space and avoids cutting a big hole in the metal bodywork and constructing a gas locker). However, I’m less convinced by the idea of installing a (relatively) small capacity LPG tank on a gas-locker-equipped motorhome just so the existing locker can be used for storage.

On-line photos of Swift Mondials suggest that its gas locker is not that large and, if not lugging exchange gas-bottles around is a priority requirement, installing a user-refillable bottle system should be much simpler and cheaper than opting for an external tank. And, although it would certainly be possible to DIY a tank installation, it should be a lot easier to to fit a user-refillable bottle.

Cost-wise, it would be interesting to know how much Kev should expect to pay if a 35ltr tank were to be professionally installed on his Mondial.

Archived