no pdi!!!

Guest fiona bullock

I think the dealers/factory/base maker all skimp on the quality pdi checks with the motion that we will fix any problems you come across. But do not consider the messing around for the customer and the problems it causes them. I have had several snags myself in my new Duetto, and everyone I speak to with a new build always gets several snags that need fixing. my latest snag the cheap plastic clips are falling apart that the under seat that the drawers clip into when you shut them why on earth are they plastic and not steel or brass.

[QUOTE]duetto owner - 2009-08-11 12:26 PM I think the dealers/factory/base maker all skimp on the quality pdi checks with the motion that we will fix any problems you come across. But do not consider the messing around for the customer and the problems it causes them. I have had several snags myself in my new Duetto, and everyone I speak to with a new build always gets several snags that need fixing. my latest snag the cheap plastic clips are falling apart that the under seat that the drawers clip into when you shut them why on earth are they plastic and not steel or brass.[/QUOTE] Another example to support your point: on the first night away in our van we noticed a trickle of water entering the kitchen floor area from underneath the fridge/freezer and/or the steps to the bedroom, depending on how the van was levelled. I asked the dealer about it and was told it was condensation from the fridge and to keep the frame heater on. I had it looked at during the dealer habitation checks while the van was under warranty, and again twice while the van was in for other warranty repairs. As is the way of these things the dealer's staff could not replicate the fault, again put it down to condensation dripping off the fridge and declined to start dismantling furniture unless I could pinpoint the source of the leak. Soon after the Knaus warranty was declared void the problem became very much worse but the dealer refused to honour the balance of the warranty period and would only do work at "normal workshop rates". I bit the bullet and over two days, I dismantled all of the fitted garage furniture and a good part of the kitchen myself, steadily digging deeper into the bowels of the service ducts, wiring looms and plumbing. I eventually found the leak came from three, incorrectly applied, flimsy-looking clips around the hot water pipes at a the main junction in the supply from boiler to kitchen and bathroom. Replacing them with jubilee clips has fixed the problem. It would be hard to find a more inaccessible position for the manufacturer to have fitted poor quality plumbing. Having dismantled most of the furniture for that job I uncovered the reason why the central heating to the front of the lounge and cab area had always been ineffective - the vehicle's builders had smashed the main, port-side heating duct flat to make it fit under a too-low vent and knocked two holes into the side of the crushed pipe to boot. Cutting out, replacing and re-routing the damaged section has transformed the efficiency of the habitation area's heating. It was very clear to me that the builders would have known full well the problems they had created but had simply built the furniture on top of the obviously damaged services and sent the van out to the customer, me, who had ordered it 9 months earlier. Bob

Archived