fiamma awning was very complicated..

gp1

I got it up eventually but the instructions are so small on the legs i could hardly read them. Only by sheer inspiration did i realise the part at the top of the legs has to be bend outwards. And the legs rotated. As it was all very stiff through being rarely used think i did ok. The person who owned the van before me wasnt so lucky as he managed to bend it where it didnt want to go and snapped off the little plastic screw. Ill get a replacement when i go for hab check to sort out the poison gasses. Dont worry the oven isnt affected. Were fine. Cheers.

No been away a few times thought i would try and make the most of the summer. Wanted to try and make things a bit more enjoyable for partner and baby. And i suppose i dont know what will be happening next year so at least weve had something to look back on. Thanks.

Surprised that you found this basic action difficult. Must have been very underused.

Here's the Fiamma company video showing how to do it.

But note that they show how to fix the legs to an (optional) motorhome side mounted fitting.

The plastic screws are easily available on eBay or from any Fiamma dealer.

Here's an eBay sale item: https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Fiamma-43824/1254618020?iid=323327607088&chn=ps

Dealer version:

https://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/Fiamma-Awning-Support-Leg-Hand-Wheel.html

Hope that helps.

Yes thanks very much. Its surprising how videos about things just evaporate in the brain after several weeks. I think the focusing on the problem and getting my hands on the actual thing really helped. Yes it was two processes that i hadnt envisioned. But trackers right once youve done it once youll never forget. The only slight problem now is it wont close completely snug. Its the hook lever it can only be unhooked when the thing is facing a certain way - which is too much or not enough. Dont worry though i think ive thought of an idea. So unless this is a design fault common to most i think i can solve it. Its pretty well made though and i can see why they are a bit pricey. Cheers. Said to the bloke next to me it was a bit like opening up shop and he said hed be round for some strawberrys.

Archived