Fiat 124 Sport Coupe?

Tracker

Below is an extract from Allan's post about national battery labelling - if anyone has, or knows someone who has a Fiat 124 Sport Coupe and who would be willing to visit Allen in North Wales I for one will gladly contribute to the fuel and overnight stay costs because I think it would be a lovely gesture for Allan given all that he has done and is doing for us all.

QUOTE "we got a bit side tracked onto Classic Cars after I said I was a little sad I never got to drive my 'boy hood' dream car, a Fiat 124 Sport Coupe".

In case anyone has missed it here is a link!

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/National-Battery-labelling-standard-Progress-/49999/#M575373

A fine idea Tracker.  Perhaps the most practical way to achieve it would be to locate a Fiat 124 Sports Coupe which might be hired to give Allan a go in it.  We could have a whip round to fund the experience for him.  I'm certainly up for it.

Hi Tracker ,

How is your health these days ? I have had a long break due to having a mechanical heart valve fitted, but now fighting fit again, had to downsize to 3500kg, to avoid medicals (70) and now have a 2014 Autotrail V line 600 van conversion. Just been up to the Western Isles for 6 weeks, weather was gorgeous.....for a change.

I owned my 'Dream sports car' back in 1967...it was a 1961 MGA twin cam coupe, and went like stink, had to use 5 star petrol (remember that ?) To keep it from pinking and it eventually holed a piston from running too weak, although it had 1 3/4 inch SUs 2 of em. I was later told that fitting DCOE 40 Webers would have cured it, but by then it was too late . Anyway, still think the Starlet 2 was the best van i have owned. Keep healthy!

Ray Jenner in Fishguard.

Rayjsj - 2018-08-11 12:43 PM

Hi Tracker ,

How is your health these days ? I have had a long break due to having a mechanical heart valve fitted, but now fighting fit again, had to downsize to 3500kg, to avoid medicals (70) and now have a 2014 Autotrail V line 600 van conversion. Just been up to the Western Isles for 6 weeks, weather was gorgeous.....for a change.

I owned my 'Dream sports car' back in 1967...it was a 1961 MGA twin cam coupe, and went like stink, had to use 5 star petrol (remember that ?) To keep it from pinking and it eventually holed a piston from running too weak, although it had 1 3/4 inch SUs 2 of em. I was later told that fitting DCOE 40 Webers would have cured it, but by then it was too late . Anyway, still think the Starlet 2 was the best van i have owned. Keep healthy!

Ray Jenner in Fishguard.

Hi Ray,

Long time no speak, glad you are faring better now, we had to give up the van (A/S Executive 2011) a couple of years ago due to health issues and I doubt we will be able to return to the nomadic way of life we enjoyed so much for 50 years.

But, hey, you gotta be alive to grumble (and pay taxes) so I just carry on paying taxes and grumbling!

I agree with you the Starlet 2 was probably the best van we ever had too and we did a lot of very happy and almost trouble free miles with it, although the Exec was a pretty good van. We did downsize to a Warwick Duo for a while but with a lively collie it was a bit too cramped so we went back upsize a bit to the Exec.

I was never much into open top cars in my younger day preferring the luxury of Mk1 and Mk2 Jags - wonderful back seats that could have told a tale or two - just rather wish I had one now - but then again it is nice knowing that the modern car will start when I want it to!

We still miss Pembrokeshire and the beaches, but not the Welsh Assembly!

Cheers,

Rich & Dot

Archived