Just got rat arsed......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

With a ex matelote and current serving officer in HMP :D .............

And the state of HMP is far worse than I thought 8-) ............

The Lunatics running the asylum would more than apt *-) ................

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2018-08-12 7:30 AM

so why are you so keen to send people to prison when they come out worse than they went in?

Some come out worse ... Some ... Not all ... Many wont re-offend but many will because prison means nothing to them ... Prison isnt to blame for scumbags offending that'll be down to the offenders

antony1969 - 2018-08-12 7:46 AM

so why are you so keen to send people to prison when they come out worse than they went in?

Some come out worse ... Some ... Not all ... Many wont re-offend but many will because prison means nothing to them ... Prison isnt to blame for scumbags offending that'll be down to the offenders

Crime is nothing to do with inequality then *-)

John52 - 2018-08-12 10:19 AM

Don't know you tell me I never mentioned inequality ... If inequality is to blame for crime all of those who you might class as poor should be at it but they ain't so it's a more about the person committing the crime and the mindset of that person and don't others commit crime not just poor folk ???

Crime is nothing to do with inequality then

Of course it isn't, that's just the excuse used by the scumbags, and do-gooders.

There is no inequality in this country almost everyone has the opportunity to get off their bum and make a good life, some do, some can't due to injury or disability, and some won't due to laziness.

It is always easier to blame someone else than to take responsibility for your own actions.

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left.

Tracker - 2018-08-12 12:27 PM

Back in your day anybody without qualifications could make enough commission to buy a house by selling financial services, and someone else would later pick up the tab for mis selling.

Those opportunities are not available for todays youngsters.

antony1969 - 2018-08-12 11:23 AM

don't others commit crime not just poor folk ???

We don't know who commits crime because most of it goes un detected.

All we know is the overwhelming majority of the prison population is from poor backgrounds.

But there is such a thing as common sense.

Which suggests that someone wgho inherits £10 billion tax free and is surrounded by minders has less incentive to go out thieving and get drawn into gang culture?

Just consider what its like for a young lad born into in an over crowded slum controlled by gangs. The family can't move because of the housing crisis. He can't go to the police witout being labelled a grass and bringing retribution on himself and family. What is he to do?

John52 - 2018-08-13 9:51 AM

Just consider what its like for a young lad born into in an over crowded slum controlled by gangs. The family can't move because of the housing crisis. He can't go to the police witout being labelled a grass and bringing retribution on himself and family. What is he to do?

Emigrate?

Of course it isn't, that's just the excuse used by the scumbags, and do-gooders.

There is no inequality in this country almost everyone has the opportunity to get off their bum and make a good life, some do, some can't due to injury or disability, and some won't due to laziness.

It is always easier to blame someone else than to take responsibility for your own actions.

In theory there is no inequality but we all know thats not strictly true. Your chances of becoming successful if your born into poverty are much less than if your born into wealth. The temptations to turn to crime are going to be much higher if your born and raised in poverty, in slum conditions or Ghettos as some call them these days. I'm not saying it makes it acceptable but its clearly why the majority of criminals are from poor backgrounds.

Barryd999 - 2018-08-13 11:40 AM

In theory there is no inequality but we all know thats not strictly true. Your chances of becoming successful if your born into poverty are much less than if your born into wealth.

The important thing is to make sure that you are born into a loving family, in a good home, in a ' nice ' area.

Anyone who hasn't managed that shouldn't be blamed for their misfortune - they certainly aren't starting off " equal "

:-|

When my Dad was demobbed after the war he and my Mum had nothing, not even a job, and they (and me) lived in a pretty awful basemant flat. Rationing and general shortages made life even more difficult, but I don't remember the details, just having next to nothing, except loving parents, as a small boy.

From there Dad worked all the hours and Mum raised two sons, they gradually got a decent home together (rented), then bought their first house, which I remember was in a pretty dreadful state when we moved in. Cold, damp and draughty!

So Dad worked and worked and he made the home good and eventually I, of course starting from a much higher base than my Dad, did the same.

I recall out first married home was pretty awful but we worked and improved our lives over many years during which time nobody ever gave us anything, not financial, not material, not even advice, but we were resiliant and determined just like our parents and we stuck at it.

So don't try and palm me off with the lack of equality bovine deposits, life is what you choose to make of it, and if you choose to be a 'victim' of an 'uncaring' society that is just what you will become.

Tracker - 2018-08-13 11:30 AM

Emigrate?

We are talking about children - with no money

If anyone else had suggested that I would have thought they couldn't be serious.

But then you post things like you see no Austerity in Evesham, and there is no Inequality, so perhaps you really are serious?

In theory there is no inequality but we all know thats not strictly true. Your chances of becoming successful if your born into poverty are much less than if your born into wealth. The temptations to turn to crime are going to be much higher if your born and raised in poverty, in slum conditions or Ghettos as some call them these days. I'm not saying it makes it acceptable but its clearly why the majority of criminals are from poor backgrounds.

You put it better than I did.

But I doubt it will make any difference :-S

John52 - 2018-08-13 2:04 PM

If anyone else had suggested that I would have thought they couldn't be serious.

But then you post things like you see no Austerity in Evesham, and there is no Inequality, so perhaps you really are serious?

Darned right I am serious, and if you don't like it, stand for election and see how far that policy gets you in the real world, that way you might at least gain some respect for having the courage of your big talk, although I doubt you would win a seat anywhere except on a bus!

All we know is the overwhelming majority of the prison population is from poor backgrounds.

Which suggests that someone wgho inherits £10 billion tax free and is surrounded by minders has less incentive to go out thieving and get drawn into gang culture?

Go out robbing off those who've worked to get out of the slums ??? ... I presume this young lad you mention will have 2 hands to use for work and a brain he could use to educate himself with at the schools most of us attended through our education system ??? ... Why can't this young lad do that ???

Guest pelmetman

Nope ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman

It's a wonder I didn't turn to crime then Barry........Coz as a kid we were living in a 2 bed rented flat above my old mans rented shop, with my 3 other siblings and parents 8-) .............

Oh and I also has a sh*te education ;-) ..........

My parents had something to do with it............They taught us kids right from wrong........Something you loony liberals prolly think is against kids human rights now days *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-08-12 8:40 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-11 11:47 PM

Are some of your posts written when you are sober then Dave ?

Just askin' :D

Contrary to popular belief.......the majority are ;-) ..........

antony1969 - 2018-08-13 3:49 PM

Go out robbing off those who've worked to get out of the slums ??? ... I presume this young lad you mention will have 2 hands to use for work and a brain he could use to educate himself with at the schools most of us attended through our education system ??? ... Why can't this young lad do that ???

Many reasons.

Like school lessons disrupted by gangs and bullies etc

Why do you think the rich pay for private schools?

Cramped in a slum without the facilities needed to do homework - like privacy, quiet, internet, etc etc

pelmetman - 2018-08-14 9:03 AM

malc d - 2018-08-12 8:40 AM

pelmetman - 2018-08-11 11:47 PM

Are some of your posts written when you are sober then Dave ?

Just askin' :D

Contrary to popular belief.......the majority are ;-) ..........

In that case perhaps you should restrict your postings to when you are p*ssed ;-)

pelmetman - 2018-08-14 9:01 AM

It's a wonder I didn't turn to crime then Barry........Coz as a kid we were living in a 2 bed rented flat above my old mans rented shop, with my 3 other siblings and parents 8-) .............

Oh and I also has a sh*te education ;-) ..........

My parents had something to do with it............They taught us kids right from wrong........Something you loony liberals prolly think is against kids human rights now days *-) ........

Worst of it seems to be where there are a lot of people crammed into a small space - inner city london etc - and they fight like rats in as sack.

Another symptom of the housing crisis.

If I'd been born ther I wonder If I'd have carried a knife. How else can you defend yourself against one? Can't go to the police - thats grassing. And would you get the same protection as the wealthy if you did *-)

Archived