government to end homelessness in 10 years!

gp1

Well you have to laugh. Else you would cry. Spice has been the main motivation for this it seems.(not the dune variety) And the long hot summer. But i think alot of people are living in their vans where i am. Met one bloke at site last week who said he bought his for 350 quid. Alot of money for some. Plus went to a market yesterday where the food was not visually amazing but there was lots of it for cheap. So my point is i think there is class of homeless which are van dwellers. Plus there is the yoga people and the surfing people. They spend time living in their vans. So my point is what with the governments 30 year policy of making home ownership something for the privelidged few. Will we see a gradual acceptance or a backlash in the future?

Politicians love targets like that.

They don't stay in their job long enough to realise them, and even if they did they can always blame someone else when the targets are missed.

The solution to the housing crisis is blindingly obvious - more houses.

Equally obvious we need to relax planning constraints to allow that.

But vested interests are making too much money out of the housing crisis to allow that.

So they will think of any excuse not to do it.

Government intervention in the housing market is the problem, not the solution.

The answer or part of it is more houses that people can afford,i am one of the lucky ones,never had a massive mortgage and paid it off years ago,the so called housing market has been out of control for years,everyone should have a roof over their head in a so called civilized country.

I currently spend more nights in my van than I do in my house, but I'm still glad to have my own house to go back to. Since most of the opening post is about people living in vans its probably been posted in the right forum.

Not that it matters.

What I find most remarkable is people more concerned with which pidgeon hole this thread is flied in that they are in the housing and homeless crisis.

Archived