Yet another fridge problem.

ken707

Hi,

I'm fairly new to motorhoming, having a great time but the fridge is driving us mad.

Dometic 7360, manual ignition, fitted to a low mileage 2011 Elddis which we bought last year..

The problem seems totally random, often won't start on gas. I can hear the gas ignite with a "puff" but the burner won't actually keep going. It will usually start after numerous attempts, sometimes we leave it for a while, sometimes it starts first attempt. I have found that if it won't start I can drop the burner out of the housing, it will then start first attempt and I then wedge it back into the proper position. I had to do this last week when touring but this is far from ideal, need a proper repair. Where the van is parked seems to have little effect, I like to keep the front higher, no real pattern.

I've searched extensively on this forum, lots of similar problems but not quite the same. Everything at the back of the fridge is nice and clean, I've dismantled the burner, checked the exhaust and tried a new jet.

The only dealer is about 50 miles away but I can't get past reception, just want me to book the vehicle in, and I can't find an expert living locally. (N Ireland)

I'm now thinking of replacing the Thermocouple, any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Northern Ireland Dometic dealers/service-centres listed here

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/find-a-dealer/united-kingdom/northern-ireland

A replacement thermocouple would not be too expensive (£35?) so if Ken is able to carry out the replacement himself - and it cures the fault - it should be a good deal cheaper than having the problem investigated professionally.

Mickt - 2018-08-18 11:42 AM

Do a Google search for Dometic service, there is one in Co Amargh

Thanks but Armagh is even further away. Another is listed, very close to me but hasn't been working on these for years. The list is really out of date.

Thank you in any case, might try Armagh for advice, I'll try the thermocouple, not much more than the cost of fuel in leaving the van with a repairer so far away

Ken the problem sounds like the FFD thermocouple as others have said. But i would still get it checked over by a profesional after replacing the thermocouple. Thats provided it fixes the problem, of course.

Any Gas safe competant LPG trained engineer could do it.

Archived