Drivers seat removal (Ford)

Smudger50

Hi all

I need to replace starter battery on my ford tribute 725 G 2011

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove drivers swivel seat

I can see 3 star bolts one in each corner of the base but seat won’t turn in opposite direction to gain access to other one if that’s where it is ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

My 2005 Ford Transit Mk 6-based Hobby motorhome had swivel-mechanisms on both of its cab-seats.

I removed the swivel-mechanism from the driver’s seat and (later on) had to remove the complete seat + swivel-mechanism on the passenger side to replace the Hobby’s leisure-battery.

A 2011 Tribute will have been built on a Transit Mk 7 but will have the same 'seat-boxes' as my Hobby - so removal of the seats/swivels should involve a similar procedure.

As Billggski says, accessing all of the swivel-mechanism’s retaining bolts should require a combination of sliding the seat forwards and backwards above the swivel-mechanism and swivelling the seat. I could remove the seat with the swivel-mechanism attached to it, so I’m guessing that the normal installation procedure would be to bolt the swivel-mechanism to the seat’s underside and than bolt the swivel-mechanism to the seat-box that houses the battery.

Be aware that the bolts holding the swivel-mechanism to the seat-box may be tight (use the proper tool to undo them) and that the seat + swivel-mechansm is heavy. I found that I could replace the battery by displacing the seat+swivel towards the dashboard rather than actually removing the seat+swivel from the cab.

Archived