Who needs Spain

mover

I saw this question asked on another motorhome page today MHF, the questioner was alluding to the fact that the temperature in England was about the same as Spain on the day in question,it may well have been then, well we,ve been at Benicassim for the past two months and the weather has been superb,we,ve been in shorts and T shirts most of the time and have enjoyed wall to wall blue skies most days and some even went in the sea Chrismas day.True the evenings have been chilly ,but we have had no rain in the two months we,ve been here,except for the past 2 days when it chucked it down,but its now dry and the sun is back. Couple this with the fact that Diesel today cost me 88 cents a litre, fresh fruit and veg is much cheaper here and is a dream to buy from the local markets,wine and spirits are a fraction of the price that it is at home my camp site is 10 euros a night inclusive of 6 amp electricty and my ferry return ticket cost £63 return for an eight metre motorhome SEA FRANCE and one starts to realise that whilst we don,t need Spain in the winter it isn,t a bad place to be. *-) *-)

mover - 2007-01-27 7:48 PM

I saw this question asked on another motorhome page today MHF, the questioner was alluding to the fact that the temperature in England was about the same as Spain on the day in question,it may well have been then, well we,ve been at Benicassim for the past two months and the weather has been superb,we,ve been in shorts and T shirts most of the time and have enjoyed wall to wall blue skies most days and some even went in the sea Chrismas day.True the evenings have been chilly ,but we have had no rain in the two months we,ve been here,except for the past 2 days when it chucked it down,but its now dry and the sun is back. Couple this with the fact that Diesel today cost me 88 cents a litre, fresh fruit and veg is much cheaper here and is a dream to buy from the local markets,wine and spirits are a fraction of the price that it is at home my camp site is 10 euros a night inclusive of 6 amp electricty and my ferry return ticket cost £63 return for an eight metre motorhome SEA FRANCE and one starts to realise that whilst we don,t need Spain in the winter it isn,t a bad place to be. *-) *-)

I live just down the road on the outskirts of Valencia, after yesterday's rain and wind ,wasn't today a nice surprise?

This morning I pulled the shutters up and the mountains around us were snowcapped, the first time we've seen that in four winters here, but we had clear blue skies all day and no wind and pleasantly warm.

84.3c in my local garage :-D

Rekon you lot in Spain are trying to make us green with envy, instead of green with mould.

Took the Van out today to give it a run and keep the batteries topped-up and now it's BL*****DY filthy.

So it's out with the washer in the morning, think of me in the cold wind with wet hands (and legs if I do my usual stunt and get as much water over me as the Van) whilst you lap up the sun and your G&T's

Flicka

Archived