Going to the USA driving perhaps ?

Guest bil h

If you've not been before. "NOTE THIS"

When a yellow school bus stops on a remote road a stop sign pops out from the side of the bus. "YOU DO NOT PASS"

Children are free to walk across the road from the "UNSEEN" front of the bus

THEY DO NOT LOOK TO SEE IF ANY TRAFFIC IS PASSING.

It seems they are not taught to look, and assume they have the right of way.

I saw this on TV tonight and it reminded me

Any US members out there care to comment

bil h

Guest Frank Wilkinson

It's not just remote roads, it's any road. Americans never pass a parked school bus. As you say it is against the law and it's rigorously enforced.

Another peculiarity - and a good one - is that you're allowed to turn right at traffic lights when they're on red, assuming that it's safe to do so.

In this country of course it would be turning left and it can very often be safe to filter left if nothing is coming from your right.

Then again, the Yanks don't have any roundabouts because their drivers couldn't possibly cope with them - far too complicated! Same in Japan as well!

And a pal of mine was speeding in the opposite direction on a dual carriage way........a cop car mounted the grass in between chased and stopped him.....when he objected they had him over the bonnet with a gun....dont argue....apart from that they're great showmen.

bil h

takeaflight - 2007-01-30 12:23 AM

You can also overtake in any lane, which I have to say is great idea on the freeways, but dont try getting past a school bus unloading its precious cargo, if you do and the police see which they will, its an orange suit job.

I think you meant "Pass" not "Overtake"

Don

Archived