Weight - Payload

kevin hawkins

Weight - Payload  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To establish your payload is very easy. go to your local public weighbridge and weigh your van. Look at the VIN plate on your van, usually on the passengers door post or under the bonnet and take note of the first weight displayed there (probably 3500Kgs). Subtract the actual weight (established at the weighbridge) from the GVW listed on the plate and the remainder is effectively your payload.

D.

And Kevin,

Really well done for asking - most people only discover they have a problem after the event! There seem to be a large number of motorhomers out there who seem to think that if it's not actually visibly sagging onto the ground, it's fine. If others think I'm overstating it, just do a walk-round at the next outdoors show you attend - there's lots of clearly overloaded back axles from too much in the garage or hung on the rear. And those are just the obvious ones!

Guest JudgeMental

I wish I had taken a photo of camper I saw in channel tunnel car park last summer. It had collapsed right through rear suspension and back of camper was sitting on the ground - I have never seen anything like it.

A lesson for all the shoulder shruggers out there?

I doubt it…:-D

Hi,

I think the numeric identity of a Transit refers to its intended payload, something like 100 = 1000kg payload. But I could be wrong about that.

I was hoping to find something on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Transit but there wasn't anything about weights.

Try dropping into your local Ford Commercial sales place, ask for a brochure and spec sheet.

Archived