Taking dogs abroad after Brexit

Petra

phalange - 2018-12-03 8:31 AM

all Kayleigh has done is copy and pasted off the defra website :-S

Well not quite - as I was unsure about the situation if you were already out of the UK and returning with a dog (taken out under the existing rules) after 29th March. None of the information I read on the Defra site or in a letter from my vet made it clear. The answer Kayleigh has given indicates that if you are already outside the UK with your pet there will be no change upon returning after the 29th March so that's good news.

David

david lloyd - 2018-12-03 3:07 PM

Well not quite - as I was unsure about the situation if you were already out of the UK and returning with a dog (taken out under the existing rules) after 29th March. None of the information I read on the Defra site or in a letter from my vet made it clear. The answer Kayleigh has given indicates that if you are already outside the UK with your pet there will be no change upon returning after the 29th March so that's good news.

David

well quite

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-to-europe-after-brexit#repeat-trips-to-the-eu

phalange - 2018-12-03 7:18 PM

david lloyd - 2018-12-03 3:07 PM

David

well quite

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-to-europe-after-brexit#repeat-trips-to-the-eu

My apologies, it would seem Defra have updated their advice from when I last looked.

Good news if we are finally able to go down to Spain in the New Year - even if it's 28 March!

David

Archived