HELP - LPG connections on the continent?

geoff

I have a refillable gas bottle (name unknown, purchased from Linda Awnings at Lincoln show 2006) which connects to the camper via a normal propane hose.

After uncoupling the propane hose and screwing on an adaptor I can then get it refilled at any UK garage via the bayanet type adaptor.

I shall be touring in France and Germany this summer and believe they have a different type of connector for their cars and garages.

Can anyone help me on this matter , what system is used, are adaptors available, where can I purchase them etc ? Pictures would be helpful too !

PS Does anyone know how to contact Linda as my friend wishes to purchase a bottle too ?

HI geoff,

Have a look at the Gaslow PDF file nearly bottom of the brochure

http://www.gaslow.co.uk/pdf/GASLOW_2006_8pp.pdf

You will need only two more adaptors, the Euro adaptor and the French/Italian adaptor. These fit onto the Filler which should have the British/Holland Baynet type with a screw thread to accommodate the above fittings.

You might find some difficulty try to fill a cylinder which is not mounted in the vehicle though.

Regards Terry

Thanks Terry

Just to clarify things, after fitting the UK filler bayonet I screw in a further adaptor ?

Whats the difficulty in filling, I havent come across any problems in the UK so far ?

Incidently , what sort of fittings are used on the continent- screw, bayonet, clip-on ?

Hi Geoff,

The Gaslow filler assembly which connects to the Gaslow cylinder is a bayonet fitting which must be similar to your filling adaptor. This bayonet fitting enables you to connect with the Autogas pistol in UK and in Holland which is the same standard as UK.

The two other converter adaptors have screw threads which screw into the UK bayonet filler. You should find threads inside your filler assembly which will allow each of the two adaptors to be screwed in.

Regards Terry

Archived