History of european motorhomes.

Natali

Natali,

You have said in a previous post that you are writing an article - presumably for a magazine.

I hope it doesn't sound rude, but why are you trying to write an article about a subject that you clearly know so little about? If that does sound rude, I apologise in advance.

Natali seems to have many previous posts picking our brains...

Medieval mummers toured European countries in small groups using horse drawn wagons entertaining as they went. In the UK small family cart builders used sub-standard timber and water soluble glues with disasterous results and failing to innovate they slowly disappeared in the late Victorian rush to urban factories.

The Goths also toured Germany with horse drawn carts, known as "Pferdwagenheim" before the introductionof steam traction and much later the internal combustion engine. From these humble beginnings began the Hymer Group …

Caravans also developed in the mid and far east, they preferring to use camels to drudge along the ‘silk route’ until they too were replaced by the steam traction.

Hope this helps

Guest starspirit
When I was young I always wanted to dress natily, but Natilie's dad wouldn't let me, so I had to make do with seeing Deirde now that Lorraine has gone.

If I remember correctly, in an earlier post Natali indicated she was doing a reseach project on M/H's.

Natali is that correct ?

I assume you may be at University

My knowledge starts with the VW's, Dormobiles, Beford CA, Morris J2/ Austin 152 and the like, in the late 1960's.

MMM features some earlier one-off vehicles, from late 1940's early 1950's, but I don't know of any that would be described as productuion runs before the early 1960's.

I'm sure there are others on here who know more.

TRY these websites:-

http://www.brmmbrmm.com/clientph/brmm4.nsf/clubpages/bmcj2?OpenDocument&2

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/classic_caravans.htm

You need to scroll down on this 2nd site

Flicka

Archived