Great Photo of 'inside of motorhome'

derek500

And that's how they actually build them - the sides (and then the roof) go on last.

Which is the reason, of course, why so much is inaccessible in a coach built motorhome - such as that Truma boiler right at the back of a really deep cupboard with the circuit board tight up against the outside wall. It's really easy to get at, however, if you just take the roof and walls off!

Mel E

====

Often with very great difficulty!

The fridge, for example, will be installed so it can be slid out from the front. But you will often find that the corridor in front of it is simply too narrow to get it out!

We had a motorhome with a fridge that could simply never be taken out - because, having put the side wall on, the one piece metal door striker plate had a cover that fouled the front of the fridge, restricting the door opening to about 60 degrees and making withdrawal completely impossible (the striker plate bolts were, of course, hidden behind the fridge).

So the message of your photo is check the maintainability of your potential purchase.

At least with van conversions, the walls and roof stay there and everything has to be put in from inside!

Mel E

====

derek500 - 2007-02-02 10:31 AM

But how do they take appliances out if they need replacing?

My neighbor had to have a fridge replaced in a Lunar and that wouldn't come out of the door so they had to remove a window to get it out.

Mel E - 2007-02-02 10:39 AM Often with very great difficulty! The fridge, for example, will be installed so it can be slid out from the front. But you will often find that the corridor in front of it is simply too narrow to get it out! We had a motorhome with a fridge that could simply never be taken out - because, having put the side wall on, the one piece metal door striker plate had a cover that fouled the front of the fridge, restricting the door opening to about 60 degrees and making withdrawal completely impossible (the striker plate bolts were, of course, hidden behind the fridge). So the message of your photo is check the maintainability of your potential purchase. At least with van conversions, the walls and roof stay there and everything has to be put in from inside! Mel E ====

Mel

Before you crow too hard, have a look at where Adria have hidden the Truma in the Twin (van conversion).  It is quite easy to render them inacessible in van conversions as well, if you put them in first and build the furniture around them!

And you can't even take the side wall off a van conversion! :-)

Fridge comes out easy from my new but 05 model Knaus Sport Traveller. One day after getting it home from the dealers the fridge was out and there it is sat in the garage. Never had one in the Land Rover or Old Transporter, never used the one in the Topaz, and no fridge means that there is less to get serviced or stolen now.

icelander - 2007-02-02 6:42 PM

Fridge comes out easy from my new but 05 model Knaus Sport Traveller. One day after getting it home from the dealers the fridge was out and there it is sat in the garage. Never had one in the Land Rover or Old Transporter, never used the one in the Topaz, and no fridge means that there is less to get serviced or stolen now.

So how do you keep your beer cool?

D.

Dave Newell - 2007-02-02 6:58 PM
icelander - 2007-02-02 6:42 PM Fridge comes out easy from my new but 05 model Knaus Sport Traveller. One day after getting it home from the dealers the fridge was out and there it is sat in the garage. Never had one in the Land Rover or Old Transporter, never used the one in the Topaz, and no fridge means that there is less to get serviced or stolen now.
So how do you keep your beer cool? D.

In the fridge, in the garage.  Doh! :-)

peter - 2007-02-02 10:53 PM

I don't think Rapido's are built like that, as I could completely dismantle mine from the inside.

HID's says It's the putting everything back together that's my problem.

Where the h**l did this this thingy come from?

Flicka

Brian Kirby - 2007-02-02 8:43 PM
Dave Newell - 2007-02-02 6:58 PM
icelander - 2007-02-02 6:42 PM Fridge comes out easy from my new but 05 model Knaus Sport Traveller. One day after getting it home from the dealers the fridge was out and there it is sat in the garage. Never had one in the Land Rover or Old Transporter, never used the one in the Topaz, and no fridge means that there is less to get serviced or stolen now.
So how do you keep your beer cool? D.

In the fridge, in the garage. Doh! :-)

that's not a lot of use when one is comfortably ensconced on one's CC site though Brian!Each to their own Icelander.D.

Archived