Global Warning – the Big Debate

Terrytraveller

Looking at the projected level of flooding, and the sea widening between Dover and Calais, or the villages beyond.

1. Are we going to pay more for the ferry trip soon?

2. Are we to look for Motoramphibioushome as our next RV?

3. How do we ask the Brownhills for one (Motoramphibioushome)?

4. How will the grey and black waste drain away?

5. Will we be just going through the motions?

6. Is it time to move our investments into Wellington manufacturing?

7. Do we believe its happening?

Regards Terry

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest starspirit

There will be more to sea

Gordon will ensure that we pay enough extra tax to justify the Chinese and Yanks continuing to produce half of all CO2 emmisions between them without the need for any change in their way of life

I can't wait. I'm fed up of freezing in this god forsaken country fo 7 months of the year. In my opinion it's all crap and just a way of getting more taxes out of us poor buggers.

If it's crap pete how do we explain flowers in December.

No snow on the mountains ..........Places getting hotter mind you I do agree it's not England cold here all year for me. ;-)

Sorry peep's fingers frozen it must be all this global warming stuff.

To add to the debate:-

If you are full timing your CO2 emissions are lower by my caculations than if you stay at home. We use 200 ltrs of water a week and run off a 10 amp hook up. We have used 50 ltrs of gas since July so I think we are not costing the earth. As for fuel we are static more than mobile, I have used 100 trs diesel since Sept. Poor Gordon, if we all did this he'd have no income and have start taxing the asylum seekers instead. What a shame! The great British tradition of taxing the indiginous population and giving it all away would come to an end!

Quite frankly I cant see how charging me an extra £5 for a lousy flight on Ryanair is going to make a white Christmas any more likely than me being the next PM - though I would introduce a few changes - but dont start me on that one!!

VoH

You wait.........next year we will be freezing. Anyway we never did get bad winters. Everybody forgets that once this country was hot, with tigers and mammoths Etc. Then came the ice age and they all died of starvation. And guess what......It's now warming up again. All it needs is for one huge volcanic eruption to produce more polution than man ever could. But what effect would it have if we all produced no polution. Answer......none, as the USA and China have no intention of cutting their levels.

Guest starspirit

We are on the 50 meter contour line and although we can see the tidal Pembroke river across a field, it would need to be one hell of a tidal surge to get us.

There is no way I'm buying a house on a flood plain, but no doubt my insurance premium will have to reflect the foolhardiness of them wot do!

No Rich ,

because by then we will have VOH in power there will be no global warming in this country because we will have done all the work for the other countries your premiums will not be affected & apparently your river won't flood. you will betax exempt on your motorhome although in his maifesto he does not mention boats yet. :D

Guest starspirit

The day I become tax exempt for anything in this country I'll eat my bl##dy van, never mind my hat.

Vikki has the best idea - go full timing - fill your tanks abroad and deprive Grasping of as much income as possible whilst keeping an address in the UK for health reasons, and all the while living in a much more 'carbon neutral' ( oh how I hate that shallow, corny, pc, phrase) environment on wheels.

And why not because after a working life of paying for everyone else's benefits - it's our turn now please.

Rant over!

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Global warming isn't all that bad. Everything has advantages and disadvantages. If we have massive flooding and lose several miles of land on each side of the English Channel, won't this mean that the French are much farther away?

Guest starspirit

Don't know about the French - I would be happier if some of the Enhglish were further awy.

Present company excepted of course

Peter is right on every count. Its a clever ploy to extract more money. All the people who will be paying additional flight costs will be funding various government departments to talk hot air.

By the way its not a debate its all lies like Iraq, they got the oil etc.

Remember the one who owns the minerals of the world is the winner !!

I gave the true reasons for this reletively short increase in temperature recently but I can write it again. Its a very simple answer and only those over 68 will know the truth and the reasoning behind it.

As its not M/H related I'm unsure of airing it. All one needs is a pen and paper to draw a graph. Let me know if interested.

bil h

Archived