No Engine Cover VW T 6 Vans 2018.

monique.hubrechtsgm

And that is my question Derek. I saw the link before. If you look at the engine bay, or technical better engine compartment , you see the impressive diesel whit the inter-cooler on top of the engine watercooled. What a relief from the ducato in front whit the two air pipes eaten up by mart hers.. instead of the cover you can have i nice insulation - noise covering. Good for the crankcase ventilation unit which is also on top of the engine , like ducato. Will come back on it why it not there, and for what reason.

What do Westfalia or VW say about T6 models not always having an engine cover?

I notice that there is a YouTube video (that you may well have seen) that shows how the cover is fitted.

It is clearly a simple task, taking just a few minutes, though it would obviously be more pofitable for VW to not factory-fit a cover and then sell a T6 buyer one to retrofit.

I beieve you look at the VW T6 forum

https://www.t6forum.com/

There are a few recent discussions there about the engine cover, and it is said that the cover is only factory-fitted to ‘posh’ versions of the T6.

The cover is not actually attached to the motor and (apparently) has minimal sound-deadening capability. On that basis, if the cover’s function is essentially cosmetic to hide the unattractive top of the VW motor, it would make some sense if only high-specification/expensive T6 variants had the cover fitted as standard.

Sure - the engine-cover fitted to all Fiat Ducato Euro 6 motors has a purpose that is more than cosmetic and a cover is standard irrespective of whether the motor is the cheapest 2.0litre powerplant or the most expensive 2.3litre 180 Multijet.

But you asked why 2018 VW T6 vans do not have a cover over the engine (or at least why Westfalia Kepler One campers lack a cover). A genuine VW cover clearly is available for the T6 and received wisdom on the T6forum seems to be that this cover is only factory-fitted to ‘top of the range'’ T6 models.

If no current Westfalia T6-based campers have the cover, it may either be because Westfalia deliberately chooses to buy T6s from VW with ‘naked’ motors to save a few euros, or that (where VW is concerned) the specification of the T6 vans they supply to Westfalia does not qualify those vehicles to have a factory-fitted cover.

I don’t imagine anyone on this forum will be in a postion to say for certain why Westfalia T6s do not come with an engine cover, but you might get a credible answer from VW or Westfalia if you ask.

Yes, the simple (and logical) answer would be that ‘commercial’ VW T6s (eg. Transporter models) would not have an engine cover in order to keep their price as low as possible, but more upmarket T6 people carriers (eg. Caravelle models) where cost might be less of an issue would come with the cover as standard.

As will be apparent from the ‘without’ and ‘with’ photos below, the T6 motor is hardly a joy to behold and the cover effectively disguises that unattractiveness.

without.jpg.6424269ecd0700bb427b0d3e73a4669e.jpg

with.jpg.05f0124d28cebf209335283d041dbb7b.jpg

They start whit this some years ago. leave it as an option for some, not all models. At least their is a hinged engine bonnet over it. And yes whit or not a inner cover under the bonnet itself. I will go to the bottom of this. Their are also nice sound damping units, and the cover over it fits.See NK group for the TDI engine

Archived