Cheap alarm protection.

Stew

Thought people might be interested in these, they are a pack of 4 mini window alarms complete with batteries, basically magnetic switches which are either srewed or stuck on with the provided sticky pads. I've just fastened them onto the front doors and main door for when we are asleep on an aire or any wild camping.

Cheap as chips at only £1.99 from Lidl (infact I bought 2 packs just for the spare batteries!!)

Stew :->

and it was only on Friday that Dave Newell was writing on my habitation report that i ought to get a fire blanket and new fire extinguisher...

They are on special as well.

How is the Lidl website able to tell me the location of my nearest store?

N

ps Stew is that a Bank Line ship in your avatar?

N

Guest starspirit

Just been out and bought 4 packs of the window alarms - can't even buy the flippin' batteries for that price and they will keep and be handy when (if) we change the van.

Fire blankets, door alarms, gas alarms (leaks not attacks) all at knock down prices - can't be bad.

Just fitted some window alarms and whilst they are not ear splitting they would certainly alert you to a break in whilst asleep.

Being wireless they are easy to fit with the included double sided stickies, although you will need packing pieces and extra stickies to bring the magnet in line with the reed switch on many windows.

Whether they would scare a burglar off in daylight would depend how isolated you are I guess

Archived