Rooflight blind

flicka

Here's me acting on all the good advise about not leaving the Window blinds down, so it doesn't strain the mechanism.

Too Bl***y thick, to realise I should have done the same on the Rooflight blind.

Anyone know how to reset the tension on a Helki Rooflight blind, please?

What do you use to stop the sunlight coming in through it, so the cushions don't get faded?

The closure fittings ensure I can't seal the light out completely & preferably I don't want to stick velcro all round.

Flicka

Hi flicka,

Not sure if it is the same for a Heki as an ordinary rooflight blind, we don't have a Heki. If it is you will find that you can remove the complete unit from its housing and wind the rod inside the roller to increase the tension. Some of the window blinds have a screw slot in the end of the housing where you can increase the tension by moving the screw around a ratchet mechanism.

We keep the light out of ours by closing the curtains and we have a Protec cover that stops direct light anyway.

Bas

Hi John,

Also try http://www.taylormade-window-covers.co.uk/index.shtml drop them a line, someone did advertise a Heiki cover for the outside of the skylight a little while ago, useful too if you want to protect the skylight from hailstones etc...

My MH manual suggests that you don't leave the internal blind on skylight and windows pulled completely across in very hot weather, without first latching the window/skylight on its first catch.

Regards Terry

Thanks everyone

Well the Rooflight blind seems OK, tonight.

Maybe just needed the tension to be rested for a while. It's now smooth running both in & out.

Bought a cheap Car WindScreen Cover and will cut it down to fit in the Roof Light. It has a couple of elasticated straps and suckers. As it's Silver one side so should reflect the sun and be OK. Have to see how the suckers perform.

Sorrry Terry,

I don't fancy climbing up on the roof everytime I want to travel or let the light in.

Flicka

I proboly do the following because I've spent to much time living in a 250y.o. house with small windows.

Rooflight is sprayed so is only a vent, windows silvered to reflect sun, present van is single glazed so silver is on inside, for newer double glazed windows I've found a silver that goes on outside but I've not tried it yet.

Flika

Take the new silver suns screen that you're making for your Heki on holiday with you, that way you can have the Heki open for fresh air but still stop the sun coming in and cooking you, I've kept some of the 'material' I cut off it as 2 triangular shapes which I can put on either side of the Heki when it's up for when the sun moves round. I find using some of the strong mini black clips that you can get at motorhome shows etc work a treat (smilar to the large versions which are used for clipping tarpaulins on to market stalls). You can also make some similar screens for your side windows, again so that you can have them wide open for fresh air but block out the sun.

Archived