gaslow installation price

rwhites1

mark lambert - 2007-02-05 9:28 AM

rwhites1 - 2007-02-04 11:03 PM

Anyone had a price for installing 11kg cylinder with 6kg propane and outside filler.Price of 6kg not included already have this

get a price off dave newell off this forum, although i'm positive he will see this post and reply to you himself

his e-mail: www.davenewell.co.uk

mark lambert - 2007-02-05 9:31 AM

Anyone had a price for installing 11kg cylinder with 6kg propane and outside filler.Price of 6kg not included already have this

get a price off dave newell off this forum, although i'm positive he will see this post and reply to you himself

Sorry but that is my website adress. E-mail is dave@davenewell.co.uk

D.

Dave Newell - 2007-02-05 2:02 PM

mark lambert - 2007-02-05 9:31 AM

Sorry but that is my website adress. E-mail is dave@davenewell.co.uk

D.

sorry

HI rwhites1,

I installed that setup exactly and the cost was around £140 but I did install a new governor as well rather than an adaptor to my old governor, also there have been some slight price increases since then. It's worth looking around the dealers on the net as some are selling below the RRP and also give discount for club membership (Igot 5% off for CC membership)

The whole job of installing the filling point and cylinder/governor/hoses took about two hours and can be done by anyone who can changa a cylinder and drill a hole with a hole saw.

Bas

Guest starspirit

Why do you have to have a filler inlet installed in the bodywork?

What's wrong with filling the bottle whilst it sits in the locker?

Makes changing vans easier too?

Just had a 30kg LPG tank fitted under my Fiat Burstner 570 low profile camper from a guy called Steve in Deeside. He had to do a bit of tinkering as my old setup (never used, first van) was set at 50psi, so he had to downgrade it to 'our' 37psi.

He is a real nice guy and fitted it all while I sat in the 'van' nice and warm. He has alot of knowledge and was cheap too, he even extended my awning and rear steadies poles free of charge for me, (I use a wheelchair).

So now I can fill up at any autogas or petrol station for LPG, it is so much less hassle.

James

starspirit - 2007-02-05 6:12 PM

Why do you have to have a filler inlet installed in the bodywork?

What's wrong with filling the bottle whilst it sits in the locker?

Makes changing vans easier too?

Hi starspirit,

Technically nothing, but in the case of the Gaslow bottles they are designed to have a remote filling point, doesn't have to be in the bodywork of the van though some have mounted it on a plate inside the gas locker.

I chose not to do this as I wanted to avoid any possibility of a 'debate' on the forcourt as, from what I can make out, one of the industry governing body's backed by Calor threatened all its members by letter that if they allowed filling of bottles on the forcourt they would be struck off and have their supplies cut off.

Changing vans is not really a problem anyway as there is a perfectly sized air vent that fits the hole and in any case I would at least renew the filling point on any new van anyway.

Bas

Archived