Canopy length for 7m Coachbuilt

Kennyh

Kenny i saw the picture again of your very nice chausson fitted whit a 4mtr fiamma f45 awning. Do not go for the add-ons on the wall. Do not go for suckers. the magnetic ones do not work on polyesther. At least a c-rail. I did the same thinking on my new van, but had a fiamma fitted. you will regret forever not fitting a stylish neat fiamma f45.

I am also in the get one camp, have always had one and have currently a 5 by 3 m Thule. There are advantages and dissadvantages of any awning, the weight for me is probably the secondary disadvantage, the main disadvantage is as already discussed is they are not good in anything other than light winds, I have all the tie downs, rafters and a third leg, but the best solution is if in doubt roll it in.

The advantages are obviously it increase your outside area covered, from both shade and light to moderate rain. some of the Thule models have the ability to house a c section rail, this opens the possibility of air awnings or inexpensive single sheet shades. I use the air awning in colder more windyer conditions generally winter.

All in all if you are a fair weather yes get one but be aware of its limitations.

Archived