Aires/wild camping Northern Ireland

Chris B

We are off to northern Ireland in July does any one have any info on Aires or good wild camping spots. We are crossing to Dublin (I know, thats Southern Ireland) then driving up the east coast and along the north Antrim coast. All advise/suggestions gratefully recieved.

Chris

If you want to send me a PM with your email I can let you have a 'diary' I typed when we visited Ireland in 2004 and did the coast from Belfast up and round the Rosguill Peninsula, and then down the West coast to Ballina then cut back across to East coast and back up to Strangford Lough, crossing on the ferry then back up the rest of the coast to Belfast and the ferry back to Stranraer.

If you get the chance to see the burial mound at Newbridge and other ones nearby (you can do it as part of a full day package) take it - you'lll not see anything like it again - absolutely marvellous - piccy follows - the white walls are about 30ft high and you don't usually see them in these old tombs as they are normally covered with earth!!

Oh, and you get to go INSIDE it!!!!

607014400_259newbridge-2.JPG.2ed82737c17e004c15e55b9f2f531641.JPG

Archived