2007 aires guide to France

Brian Kirby

JudgeMental - 2007-03-03 5:55 PM Seeing as I have not bought any books for a while.. have ordered: "campers stop guide" the " ACSI guide" and pre ordered the 2007 Aires guide (out end of March, all from Vicarious books) Any one know where I can order the "Michelin camping guide 2007"as traditionally I have used this (misplaced old copy) and Aires guide and also carried a copy of Alan Rogers as well.

Eddie

You should be able to get it from any largish bookshop, Smiths, Waterstones etc, but it doesn't often seem to appear much before end March/early April.  May I suggest you try Amazon, they do many of the Michelin Green guides, but do make sure you're getting the '07, and not a remaindered '06, edition.

Hope this helps

Guest JudgeMental

Terry you tease!

send it anyway and I'll stick it on ebay :-D

I did like the idea of downloading stops from their site to GPS...

Brian, that's why I asked as Amazon is still advertising 2006 edition. will try Smiths when next out shopping.

it is my favourite guide.

A bettrer guide to the campsites is the companion guide to the "aires", the Guide Officiel Camping /Caravaning. This has far more sites in it than the Michelin guide. It claims to have all the sites in France and whilst this is not completely true it is pretty near the truth.

Brian

BrianR - 2007-03-03 8:04 PM A bettrer guide to the campsites is the companion guide to the "aires", the Guide Officiel Camping /Caravaning. This has far more sites in it than the Michelin guide. It claims to have all the sites in France and whilst this is not completely true it is pretty near the truth. Brian

True, but the Michelin is a selection, and not intended to be exhaustive.  Generally, however, once you've cracked the Michelin hieroglyphics, you won't get any nasty surprises as regards sanitary facilities, overabundant travellers, poor hygiene etc.

Guest JudgeMental
Brian Kirby - 2007-03-04 3:21 PMQUOTE]

True, but the Michelin is a selection, and not intended to be exhaustive. Generally, however, once you've cracked the Michelin hieroglyphics, you won't get any nasty surprises as regards sanitary facilities, over abundant travellers, poor hygiene etc.

just ordered via WH Smiths online. the 2006 edition pops up first - but the 2007 is available if you search...I have always found it an extremely reliable guide.

Archived