2007 Fiat Ducato 2.2 mystery connection?

Ianbts

I found this lead not connected to anything - should it connect to something?

There doesn't seem to be anything nearby that it could be connected to and all seems to be working fine.

It seems to be dangling near one of the radiator fans which doesn't seem very clever.

Do anyone know what it is and where it should go?

Many thanks, Ian.

IMG_20190407_165459s.jpg.2be45cf3f28445abd1925b9492090df3.jpg

If you start digging you will probably find numerous unconnected connectors in the wiring looms around your van. The loom is to a large extent generic, and what is or is not connected depends on the configuration of your vehicle. I have five loose connectors behind the cab step panel alone, and several more behind the dashboard just for starters!

• 3 weeks later...
Billggski - 2019-05-01 7:40 AM

................................................................................................................

(2007 was the changeover year from the x244 to the x250, the later withthe slanted headlights and six speed gearbox)

........................................................................................................................

I have owned a 2006 x244 Ducato from new. I have always understood that the the changeover year was 2006.

I cannot see a yellow 4 way connector in the area mentioned by the OP, but I would expect the wiring harness for the x250, to be considerably different to that for an x244.

Alan

Alanb - 2019-05-01 12:46 PM

I have owned a 2006 x244 Ducato from new. I have always understood that the the changeover year was 2006...

Alan

The Ducato X250 range was launched in mid-2006. Three powerplants were offered - a 3.0litre and a 2.3litre (both Iveco-made with a 6-speed gearbox), plus a Ford-made 2.2litre with (initially) a 5-speed gearbox.

As Deneb advised above, a Ducato’s wiring loom can have plenty of ‘dead end’ cables that are either not relevant to that particular vehicle, or relate to options (eg. front fog lamps) that haven’t been factory installed.

(Ian’s photo shows that the cable with the yellow connector carries the type of grey plastic clip that usually attaches to a hole in a metal panel. As the connector was dangling near the radiator fan, it might relate to front fog lamps and it would be worth checking the other side of the engine compartment to see if there’s a similar connector there that’s clipped in place.)

Alanb - 2019-05-01 12:46 PM

I have owned a 2006 x244 Ducato from new. I have always understood that the the changeover year was 2006.

It was. And if you've seen the wiring diagrams (separate one for each component or system) you'd realise the futility of trying to identify a connector from them unless you pretty much knew what it was for in the first place ;-)

That would be true for UK-produced motorcaravans, but plenty of X250 Continental-European-built motorhomes were available in late-2006.

Although Ian hasn’t provided any make/model details of his motorhome, his description “2007 Fiat Ducato 2.2” indicates that it’s an X250 with the Ford Puma-derived motor.

• 1 month later...

Archived