Dutch Bulbfields et al

Totallyidle

Apologies if this has been covered before, I have tried a search, but didn't get a lot so

Can I ask regarding this topic

1. When is the best time to go

2. Where should I go

3. Where to stay

4. Do I need to book a site

I threw out all MMM up to 2006 yesterday, but it is till in the boot of the car for recycling so if there is an article anywhere back to 05 can you direct me to that.

Perrsonally I go more for Amsterdam and rock n roll, but well, erindoors fancies this caper, so there you go.

Many thanks

Totallyidle - 2007-02-08 11:05 AM

Apologies if this has been covered before, I have tried a search, but didn't get a lot so

Can I ask regarding this topic

1. When is the best time to go

2. Where should I go

3. Where to stay

4. Do I need to book a site

I threw out all MMM up to 2006 yesterday, but it is till in the boot of the car for recycling so if there is an article anywhere back to 05 can you direct me to that.

Perrsonally I go more for Amsterdam and rock n roll, but well, erindoors fancies this caper, so there you go.

Many thanks

you could try to persuade her to wait and look forward to Floriade [festival - every 10 years next one in 2012!] and not spoil it by just going to the 'ordinary' displays ;-)  

I like most places in the Netherlands, and their public transport is excellent so you can get to pretty much anywhere you want without any problems. We usually head for Delftse Hout - Delft - at least as our starting point there.

A great time to go to the Netherlands is late April / early May, and be there for their celebration of Queen's Day on April 30th.

B-)

We have stayed at the Delftse Hout campsite on two separate occasions. Its a good site with friendly, helpful receptionists. It is set in a huge park/recreational area. Delft itself is a lovely town and it's just a 15 minute walk away - or the bus stops outside the site.

They also accept Camping Cheques.

Regards Cattwg

Totallyidle Dave,

We have just booked up at http://www.delftsehout.nl/uk/index.html again for May, they take camping cheques between 6th May and 16th May if you are going early. We tried to book our usual pitch but they have block bookings, seems periods quoted above are going to be busy, so I recommend you book up soon.

Their public holiday ends night of the 5th May and from the 16th May their overnight charge gets to be around 25 euros. I can confirm public transport from site is excellent, so are train /bus connections to major cities, once parked up you can leave your MH for the duration.

Regards Terry

• 2 months later...

Some further info.

On leaving the Keukenhof car park on Monday with the M/H we were given a flyer for a local campsite which offered 2 nights with electric for 22.50 euros for Keukenhof visitors. Had other plans ourself but may be of interest to anyone who's still thinking of visiting.

Camping Op Hoop van Zegen

Westeinde 76

2211 XR Noordwijkerhout (Zuid-Holland)

Netherlands

http://members.lycos.nl/ophoopvanzegen/oud/welcome.htm

On the subject of Keukenhof itself - the park is very good but the food and drink are a bit on the poor quality/high price side. And it's 30 cents for a pee and you'll have to queue.

;-)

Archived