Airconditioning startup consumption?

Guest rael

Having had Dometic roof mounted aircon on my previous motorhomes I'm drawn to the Truma Aventa Compact this time around. Still at the comparison stage but can't find all the info I need ref. power consumption for both makes. The Dometic Freshjet 1700 has a consumption of 2.7 A and requires a 4A fuse. Problem is I can't find any reference to the 'spike' or startup consumption. Any ideas? I seem to remember with past units this was quite high but only for a few milliseconds.

The Truma (also 1700) has a consumption of 2.8 A, and a startup consumption of 20 A for 150 ms. The data sheet also mentions: "Appliance fuse (230 V)Aventa compact: T 5 A H (slow)"

We've never really had any problems with startup consumption before, but have had issues when the aircon is on and my wife puts the hairdryer on! I know some sites in Spain and Italy have pretty low ampage, but in general we've not had a problem. Croatia bound again this year and never had a problem there.

Thanks

That dometic fresh jet system sounds like it's a inverter system like all house AC systems these days. They start slowly with no surge. The compressors are 3 phase and driven by electronics.

I did read a few years ago that caravan inverter ac systems were available in Australia.

PS nothing to do with battery inverters

Archived