Books of Aires

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

Does anyone have any experience the 'Bel Air Evasion Camping Car Europa' , which contains 6000+ aires and similar in 'France and Europa'?

I'm looking for a book, or even a CD rom, that lists all the 'Aires' and 'Sani-stations' in Europe.

There is a huge list of these online on the www.eurocampingcar.com website but I can find no way of getting them into print, and the website has no email or contact point.

Thanks

Hi Richard,

I have last years copy of the ADAC Stellplatz Fuhrer, bought it while in the Mosel valley last year 17 euros.

The ADAC Stellplatz Fuhrer hardback book is accompanied by two full size road maps fully iconised. The book is produced in full colour, has street names, postal codes, colour maps and some photographs of Camping Car aires in all entries, excellent when coupled with a sat nav, takes you right to the door step.

It has 2700 camping car places in europe, covers Germany really well as you might expect, but also countries more comprehensively outside France than the Guide Officiel des Aires de Services Camping-car.

I also have last years CampingCar-Infos DVD (not CD which is not quite so comprehensive), is a mirror image of the site you know, I highly recommend it.

The ADAC Stellplatz Fuhrer has no entries for Norway I'm afraid.

Regards Terry

Hi Richard, I use the camperstop book, very good, covers europe in some detail, mainly free sites, so idea for as I hate paying to sleep in a field..

look at the camperstop.com site for more information

terry.

ps. does not cover norway, but one of the sites given will give details of

bibos

Guest starspirit

Always good to meet another freedom fighter who also hates the 'one size fits all' policy of camp sites.

I saw the Camper Stop Europe Book at a show recently but the stand was busy and I forgot to go back for a better shuftee. Silly Billy me - I'll get one. Thanks.

Rich

Guest starspirit

Thanks Terry, I prefer a book for two reasons - well one really - I don't yet have a laptop!

But even if I did I would not want to have to stop, prepare, connect up and switch the laptop on just to do a search for an aire.

It must be much easier to just get 'the book' and let the navigating officer look up the nearest aires whilst driving, or I can do it whilst the kettle boils during a quick cuppa stop.

So I am really looking for a book with all the camping-car infos or/and eurocampingcar aire information and none that I have seen so far are anything like as comprenesive as these two websites.

Guest starspirit
Thanks Eddie - it's not a bad book and I may well get it - but there are no aires shown in the Nordic countries and, although not copious, they do exist as they are shown on the two websites that I quoted, but not all of them on either site.

Guest JudgeMental

Have been up to Sweden a few times - campsites are cheap and plentiful. Often basic, but others with full kitchens and industrial 5 min dishwashers! Many campsites in wonderful lakeside locations.

Have been up to Lapland and travelled the "wilderness way" a visit to the bear park is a must. Stunning scenery and a real feeling of space. You pick up a free campsite brochure for the whole of the country from campsites.

Everyone crosses the channel and turns right, it makes a nice change to turn left once in a while.

Hi Again Richard,

Re the CampingCar-info site. I wonder whether you are aware if you click on the http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/gpsnv.php (takes a bit of time to download), you can download the complete list of properly formatted verified aires. The resultant display can be copied, a page at a time from the web page display, and pasted into microsoft word complete with formatting, ready to print in old fashioned but useful paper copy!

Just discovered when the web page has loaded, select from the tool bar, Page, then edit with Mirosoft Word, it loads the web page right into MsWord, without copying and pasting - I didn't know that before.... only 93 pages as well..!!!

Regards Terry

Hi the one good thing I like about the camperstop book is that you can download the sites onto your gps system as POI,s so when just traveling around and get near the end of day, You can see the nearest stop over site, and with luck the GPS will take you there, as many of you german sites are marked in lat/long and this can be a pain at times to find.

One point we make, is always having swiming gear with us when in germany, as must sites are near sports centres, so we can go for a swim in the early evening, just great.

terry

Guest starspirit

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately I have a Navman iCN510 which struggles to find UK postcodes and anything more sophisticated like references and lat&long are well beyond it's capabilities.

However I do have the full EC and (Norway) maps on several SD cards and whilst not right up to date they worked OK in France last year.

I would not buy another Navman product because it is very user unfriendly and their website and telephone help line is not much help either.

Guest JudgeMental
terry1956 - 2007-02-09 7:39 PM

Hi the one good thing I like about the camperstop book is that you can download the sites onto your gps system as POI,s

terry

How u do dat den?

Hi JM, at the moment they have not sorted the download, but it will cost £2.50 per country for the download, or if you have the book and the time you can download the sites yourself by making a POI list, I have a tomtom GPS and there are many sites on the net that has the software needed free, so you cam make up your own list. But as there are over a 100 sites in germany alone I will wait until the camperstop download is running.

terry

starspirit - 2007-02-08 3:51 PM

Does anyone have any experience the 'Bel Air Evasion Camping Car Europa' , which contains 6000+ aires and similar in 'France and Europa'?

I'm looking for a book, or even a CD rom, that lists all the 'Aires' and 'Sani-stations' in Europe.

There is a huge list of these online on the www.eurocampingcar.com website but I can find no way of getting them into print, and the website has no email or contact point.

Thanks

Hi Richard

Had a look at the site, but you are right, even trying the back door, I could not find a way to get a print, other than by individual site.

Appears they may have built it that way deleiberately to encourage us to buy the Books.

Flicka

Guest JudgeMental
terry1956 - 2007-02-10 8:58 PM

Hi JM, at the moment they have not sorted the download, but it will cost £2.50 per country for the download, or if you have the book and the time you can download the sites yourself by making a POI list, I have a tomtom GPS and there are many sites on the net that has the software needed free, so you cam make up your own list. But as there are over a 100 sites in germany alone I will wait until the camperstop download is running.

terry

Thanks for that Terry, have looked at website and it looks interesting. Does the "camperstop" book have as many Aires on it as other guides?

it looks like a good way of finding stops via sat nav on route

Hi, I only have one other book and thats a french one, But the camperstop book does have a lot of sites mainly as they are in germany/france/holland etc, there are only three or four for spain, and I think around 10 sites for norway, a few in demark and swenden.

They have not got the software running as yet for the site downloads, but they do sell a GPS system with all the sites and maps etc preloaded, price of this item I have know idea.

worth the asking price, well it all depends on how much traveling you do, I hate paying for sites, and live most of the time in france, so its great for me as I use it a lot, and there are some great sites in the book to, so for me its worth it.

If you are traveling for a week or two and know the trip you are taking, then I would ask someone to let you know the sites in that part of the countrie.

terry

Guest starspirit

Hi Richard

Had a look at the site, but you are right, even trying the back door, I could not find a way to get a print, other than by individual site.

Appears they may have built it that way deleiberately to encourage us to buy the Books.

I would buy the book but I did not know they did one - which is why I started the thread!

Still can't a way of buying the book - please tell me how?

Archived