IH ceiling lights

sandalwood

I would have thought that they should be 12v, if you increase the voltage capacity then surely the resistance will be increased and hence amps will go down and the light will be dimmer?

You need 12v with increased amps for more light.

This thread is obviously a continuation of a previous thread from the OP dated 23/03/19 which can be viewed here. As may be seen I replied at length to the original query.

I have always considered it bad practice to initiate multiple threads on the same subject.

Alan

The newly-fitted LED light-units are bound to be 12V type, but the ability to increase their light output will depend on whether the LED is an integral part of the light-unit, or whether the light-unit has a replaceable LED bulb.

If the former, nothing can realistically be done to increase the unit’s light output. If the latter, then replacing the LED bulb with a higher output bulb might be practicable.

But unless Taylor identifies the make and model of light-unit that has been installed, it’s impossible to guess at what approach can be taken.

(My Rapido motorhome’s habitation-area lights are all LED type. The factory-fitted single Dometic reading light over each side-settee had adequate light output but was poorly positioned. I just added a 2nd matching light-unit where it could be used more effectively and cabled each new light to its originally-fitted partner. So, rather than seek to uprate the IH’s new LED lights, it might be better to add extra ones.)

Archived