12 v tv power loss

Guest neil whiting

Guest neil whiting
i have a 12v 230 relisys 15" tv which is ok on 230 but when used on 12v , if i put on any lights or the water pump the picture gets darker and darker but the sound stays on .my motorhome is a swift 630L and i also have another tv in the back which is running 12v sky box also ,and this works fine ,i even tried the 15" in the back but it still dose not work ,i have two 85ah leisure batterys so i have more than enough power ,the back tv is 15w and the 15" IS 60W SO CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM ,MANY THANKS NEIL

Guest David Powell
Hi Neil...I assume your T.V. is one of the thin flat LCD TVs...If so the problem is probably the fact that these TVs have a very critical voltage requirement and are very sensitive regarding the 12 volt supply. I had one for a while, it would run of the vehicle battery but not the leisure. The shop actually took it back and refunded me as he had promised me it would work off a motor home 12 volt supply, as my very old TV does. If you SEARCH:- T.V. you can read quite a lot of posts on the subject, you are not the only one with this problem...Good Luck.

Guest Keith D
Hi Neil We have the Realist 17" and had the same problem. It will run through a small modified sine wave inverter 150w is OK or you can get a 12v voltage stabiliser such as this one from Amperor this is the link http://www.amperor.co.uk/prod_cps_55a.asp The problem being that your 12v supply will be feeding the TV in excess os 13v and when the engine is running as high as 14v. The TV does not like this and the flat screens LCD TVs are much more sensitive that the old tube TVs.

Guest Keith D
Hi Neil Further to last make sure you get the correct plug to connect to the Realist ours was an unusally small centre pin and the normal 12v plug was failing to make contact with that pin

Guest neil w
hi keith d thanks for your advice ,when i told in21now of the problem they sent me a voltage stabiliser and the fuse blew so now they are sending me a new tv on wednesday just in time for the southern motorhome show ,so i will try it out there and if i have problems again i will try my 150w invertor ,once again many thanks and also to everyone else who sent replys thank you

Guest neil whiting
i will look out for you will send my 4 boys out to see if they can find your motorhome my motorhome is a swift lifestyle (sundance) hn02ozt

Archived