Boris! Boris! Boris!...........

Guest pelmetman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-16 9:09 AM

Ah yes - reductio ad ridiculum. Typical emotional response, but no valid arguments. No banana! :-D

I suppose you think using Latin makes your arguments sound superiour to? *-) ..........

You have NO arguments ;-) ...........You just have Project Fear (lol) ........

Which has proved to be a busted flush >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-16 12:20 PM

Ah yes - reductio ad ridiculum. Typical emotional response, but no valid arguments. No banana! :-D

I suppose you think using Latin makes your arguments sound superiour to? *-) ..........…………... ........

No Dave, it's just shorthand for a duff type of argument. Unlike you, I set out my reasoned arguments. Your project fear comment is a typical emotion over reason response. It isn't about gullibility, its about unicorns.

BTW, came across this restaurant in Venice this May - it seems to be where the ERG meets. :-D

Unicorn.thumb.jpg.799506d49dc372116f505acccf894eb3.jpg

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-16 1:04 PM

I suppose you think using Latin makes your arguments sound superiour to? *-) ..........…………... ........

No Dave, it's just shorthand for a duff type of argument. Unlike you, I set out my reasoned arguments. Your project fear comment is a typical emotion over reason response. It isn't about gullibility, its about unicorns.

BTW, came across this restaurant in Venice this May - it seems to be where the ERG meets. :-D

As Helmethead likes claiming Spanish "residency" because he prefers life in an EU country, by now i expect his fluency in Spanish to be better than Latin? ;-) Try "reducción al absurdo".

That door way would be perfect for Downing street when it's latest resident moves in for a few weeks. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-16 1:04 PM

Yes Brian we've had Remoaners reasoned arguments ad infinitum *-) .........

YOU see Unicorns ;-) .........

I see Pompous Knob heads >:-).........

BTW....I don't mind looking like a Unicorn :D .......

P1010899.JPG.0209356ab2e653bcd6f4dc251dbbbf49.JPG

Bulletguy - 2019-07-18 4:14 PM

Johnson lies again.....his sycophants swoon, giggle, applause, and still believe this crock of sh1te. *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-kipper-rant-eu-rules-uk-commission-speech-a9010436.html

It seems this quoted European commissioner who is nameless doesn't even know what the commission does.

From "e.c europe.eu/food/sites". website.

Quote: On behalf of ALL E.U. member states, the European Commission is the SOLE regulating partner for all non- E.U. countries in questions for all "seafood and fishery products"

i.e. the UK can only follow the commissions directives not have any initiative to vary regulations.

How sad for you for the truth to spoil a "good?" story. *-)

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2019-07-18 8:33 PM

Johnson lies again.....his sycophants swoon, giggle, applause, and still believe this crock of sh1te. *-)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-kipper-rant-eu-rules-uk-commission-speech-a9010436.html

It seems this quoted European commissioner who is nameless doesn't even know what the commission does.

Quote: On behalf of ALL E.U. member states, the European Commission is the SOLE regulating partner for all non- E.U. countries in questions for all "seafood and fishery products"

i.e. the UK can only follow the commissions directives not have any initiative to vary regulations.

You do know they hate it when you shoot them down in flames? ;-) ............

Expect incoming :D ..........

Fortunately being Teflon the sh*t wont stick B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-07-18 8:42 PM

You do know they hate it when you shoot them down in flames? ;-) ............

Expect incoming :D ..........

Fortunately being Teflon the sh*t wont stick B-) ..........

I fully expect the Sherlock comment. If you feel like it you could cut and paste the statement but that might seem like flogging the dead donkey. (I actually like donkeys with 4 legs)

Guest pelmetman
teflon2 - 2019-07-18 8:52 PM

(I actually like donkeys with 4 legs)

Us too B-) ........

We have a family plaque for giving to donkeys :D .......

Bullet has one for giving to Asses >:-) ........

We asked the UK Food Standards Agency whether there is a UK requirement on shipping kippers at a specific temperature. It told us: “In the UK, smoked kippers that are sold online must be kept to an acceptable temperature throughout transit. Businesses must ensure the materials used to do so are suitable for the food and the conditions of use.”

So the rules Mr Johnson is criticising were put in place by the UK, not the EU.

https://fullfact.org/europe/boris-johnsons-kipper-claim-red-herring/

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-18 10:13 PM

We asked the UK Food Standards Agency whether there is a UK requirement on shipping kippers at a specific temperature. It told us: “In the UK, smoked kippers that are sold online must be kept to an acceptable temperature throughout transit. Businesses must ensure the materials used to do so are suitable for the food and the conditions of use.”

We "HAVE" to incorporate EU laws into "OUR" laws *-) .......

P1010899.JPG.e719a71b67acd14aae3547c93e42d4d4.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-18 10:19 PM

Claim: EU regulations require kipper suppliers to keep their products cool with ice pillows when they are delivered.

Verdict: ;This is not true. EU regulation covers fresh fish, NOT smoked fish. The UK's Food Standard Agency says food manufacturers must transport food so it is fit to eat. This might require a "cool bag".

Isle of Man and the EU

Additionally, the Isle of Man is neither in the UK or the EU, meaning they do not have to adhere to any regulations made in Brussels.

They do, however, have to when they export products into the EU.

If the UK leaves the single market, they will be able to set their own regulations, but any products being exported to the EU to be sold will have to meet their standards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49030873

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-18 11:18 PM

Claim: EU regulations require kipper suppliers to keep their products cool with ice pillows when they are delivered.

Verdict: ;This is not true. EU regulation covers fresh fish, NOT smoked fish. The UK's Food Standard Agency says food manufacturers must transport food so it is fit to eat. This might require a "cool bag".

Isle of Man and the EU

Additionally, the Isle of Man is neither in the UK or the EU, meaning they do not have to adhere to any regulations made in Brussels.

If the UK leaves the single market, they will be able to set their own regulations, but any products being exported to the EU to be sold will have to meet their standards.

Blimey Bullet you are getting brain dead boring *-) ..........

We've had 40 years of "Their Laws" so majority of our fishing laws are the EU's fecking laws >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-07-18 11:44 PM

Isle of Man and the EU

We've had 40 years of "Their Laws" so majority of our fishing laws are the EU's fecking laws >:-) .......

You seem disappointed after all that time spent hovering in the background you're no further on. Johnsons silly stunt backfired on him because he overlooked a couple of simple facts, yet you folk are still desperately flailing around trying to defend it.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-19 12:02 AM

Isle of Man and the EU

You seem disappointed after all that time spent hovering in the background you're no further on. Johnsons silly stunt backfired on him because he overlooked a couple of simple facts, yet you folk are still desperately flailing around trying to defend it.

I guess we'll find out in 4 days time if it backfired ;-) .............

My gut says No it hasn't :D .........

So that nice quirky and funny Boris promises to help have a journalist beaten up for exposing one of his crooked Eton Chums https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

Nobody seems to think its a coincidence that the next male PM went to the same private school and supper club as the last. And yet people who, by their standards, don't have a pot to p*ss in think Boris is going to look after them *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-19 9:41 AM

So that nice quirky and funny Boris promises to help have a journalist beaten up for exposing one of his crooked Eton Chums https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/journalist-stuart-collier-boris-johnson-phone-call-darius-guppy-demands-apology

Nobody seems to think its a coincidence that the next male PM went to the same private school and supper club as the last. And yet people who, by their standards, don't have a pot to p*ss in think these people are going to look after them *-)

I prefer "them" to being looked after by a Communist >:-) ..........

Coz Corbyn will steal my pot and charge me to p*ss in it 8-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:45 AM

Coz Corbyn will steal my pot and charge me to p*ss in it 8-) .......

Actually the charges to enter what is left of public toilets have come about as a result of the Tory Government sending less money to councils. (except of course the richest council in the country, the Royal Tory Borough 'responsible' for Grenfell, where Theresa May sent £280 million of our money so they didn't have to pay the compensation for their own failings). There is less money to go round because their £billionaire chums are avoiding tax, and your mate Boris is promising to cut the taxes for his wealthy backers even further. He just needs to get us out of the EU before they bring in an EU-wide tax treaty to get in to Her Majesty's Tax Havens.

That means proroguing Parliament to leave on the 31st October whatever the consequences, >:-)

pelmetman - 2019-07-19 9:21 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-19 12:02 AM

Isle of Man and the EU

I guess we'll find out in 4 days time if it backfired ;-) .............

My gut says No it hasn't :D .........

So why didn't you admit from the outset you knew Johnson was lying just to get elected instead of attempting to excuse it?

pelmetman - 2019-07-18 11:44 PM........................….

Maybe, maybe not. But, there is no requirement for the kippers to be shipped with an ice pillow. As the EU has no such standard, the FSA requirement can not have come from the EU, can it?

Further clarification here: http://tinyurl.com/yxuyxq7p

It seems either the IoM exporter, or the editor of said "major national (presumably Brexit backing) newspaper" could have saved Boris his present embarrassment had either bothered to read the requirement fully, and check its origin.

Smoked is a way of preserving, so falls outside the scope of the EU's regs, and as the item is preserved, also falls outside FSA requirements - other than for it be packed so as to arrive in good condition.

Fake news whips up teacup storm! :-D

Archived