Gas low in Italy and where is everyone?

pottypam

Has anybody else been stopped from filling gas low cylinders in Italy. At an attended service station, the attendant wouldn’t let us fill up and said it was the same all over

Italy.

And where are all the British MHs? Have been in Slovenia, Croatia, Italy andFrance for the last five weeks and can count the number of British vans seen on the fingers of one hand. Has the fear of Brexit had such a big effect?

ColinM50 - 2019-05-19 2:57 PM

The uncertainty of Brexit esp surrounding pet passports has made us put a hold on any Euro trips this year.

That’s a shame, Colin. We weren’t sure until 2 days before we left home whether our dog would need a passport or the health certificate!

ColinM50 - 2019-05-19 2:57 PM

The uncertainty of Brexit esp surrounding pet passports has made us put a hold on any Euro trips this year.

Same as us. 2.5 week trip to Italy was on our list for this year but now going to Wales for a week at the beginning of the schools holiday and then we hope to go to France for a week at the end if its all sorted.

To be fair we usually spend quite a lot of time in Italy and other Brits are rare particularly when you get further south. We hope to be in Italy in August enroute to Greece and towards the end of October.

WE set off for Spain at the height of the Brexit frenzy in March. We took precautions , international driving licenses and bought a green card, all wasted but they might not be. It was about Keeping Calm and carrying on.

We've only once not got gas at a filling station in Italy, the attendant said it was broke, whether it was or not we'll never know but we happily filled up at the next services on the autostrada, (our filler is external)

cheers alan

The filler is inside the gas locker and looking at the previous thread referred to above, it seems the attendant was correct, it is illegal to fill canisters in Italy. Didn’t cause us a problem as we still had one full bottle.

Alan, we also left at the beginning of April, not knowing what would happen. Got all the necessary docs, including getting the dog rabies tested. People travelled to Europe before we joined the EU, can’t understand why they think Brexit will stop that.

I’m not taking the dogs this year because the arrangements for continuation or otherwise of the Pet passports still are not clear and, until recently it looked like we were leaving on 29 March.

Having hitch hiked down the Rhine in 1972 on one of these ‘Visitor’ passports I’m fairly certain that I’ll still be able to visit. I remember showing it at border posts. It’s looking very unlikely that I will be able to choose the length of my stay myself. Indeed given that Schengen didn’t come into being until after we joined the Common Market it looks like the price of open internal borders in the EU is a firmer external border. I believe a Schengen visa is limited to 90 days

Not sure about gas filling in Italy although would be interested as it is a destination we have long wished to get to.

However, on the subject of a rigs abroad, we have been in Provence for the last five weeks and have seen one other Britisjph van so far on all the Aires and campsites used. We had been putting off and putting off but eventually decided just to go. We are due back mid June and have not made any other arrangements or taken other precautions other than that required under our present requirements as an EU stare.

Worst that can happen is they won't let us back in.

David

Guest pelmetman
pottypam - 2019-05-19 2:12 PM

And where are all the British MHs? Have been in Slovenia, Croatia, Italy andFrance for the last five weeks and can count the number of British vans seen on the fingers of one hand. Has the fear of Brexit had such a big effect?

They're all in Benicassim ;-) ..........Well they were two weeks ago when we left :D .........

Last time I was surrounded by so many Brits was on a CC site 8-) .........

Archived