Dieppe port overnight parking?

Brians dad

We are due over on an evening sailing next Sunday from Newhaven to Dieppe, arriving at about midnight. It is the first time we have used this route. I have discovered that there are a couple of aires near the town centre,- they sound well equipped but cost 12 euro a night. Our preferred aim is to get our heads down for a few hours and then head off south.

If anyone has overnighted at Dieppe, could you advise whether there is parking around the docks, and if it is likely to be fairly quiet?

Thanks

I was there about 16 months ago and docked around 10 at night, as we came out from the docks at the roundabout, we parked in the carpark to the left where the office is. (three quarters of the way around the roundabout) There are a few spaces that are longer than the others as you go in just past the gates on the r

ight, before the office. we had no problem and left at 8 o clock the next morning. Beware of the immigrants,

we saw a couple trying the doors on a motorhome as we drove into Lidl car park, it was the alarm going off that made them stroll away..

There's a nicely situated aire at Mesnieres en Bray, about 30 minutes drive from Dieppe. Shop in the village, walk and cycle route along an old railway line and not far from the V1 launch site museum at Val Ygot. Several more Aires on the coast south of Dieppe also within 30 minutes or so.

There is an aire 2 minutes from the ferry terminal.

It was 12 Euros a night. We have stopped there many times since 2007.

Very well organised now. Have never felt an issue with security.

Bit of a walk to the town though.

There is another closer to the town but too crowded for my tastes.

Archived