2012 Elddis Autoquest 120.

Daillyboy

2012 2.2 Litre common Rail Turbo Diesel engine.

Anybody know how to prevent the oil light from flashig for one minute after startup?

I've been living with it for a while now! Following the Service indicator reset procedure does not work with this fault.

This condition only occurs after one has done an oil change, according to the manual it's actually a warning of poor oil quality. which in this case is not so!

The first time it happened was when I did an oil & filter change on it myself and I had to take it to Peugeot Main Dealer to have it reset, they would only reset it if I had them do a service (which I did, costly!)

I have had my mechanic son plug in (with several attempts!) a Diagnostic device which normally can be used to reset fault conditions and parameters but that doesn't work.

My son reckons that Peugeot have set the software to deliberately prevent this and other fault codes being reset other than by the main dealer.

He says other makes don't do this!

Any sugestions? other that going back to the dealer!.

Hi, I have the same year and engine, (38000 miles) other than the first service I have alway done all the servicing myself. Usually buying the oil and filters from my local factors but always using the correct spec's.

I have only had the oil light flash once, but several thousand miles after a service. I looked up on YouTube and there is a sequence of pressing the pedals to reset the service light that apparently the ob port won't do for some reason. My local Peuguot mechanic is not aware of any set up to make this a main dealer reset?

Archived