Electronic's and fuse

Mileo202

May be of interest.

Had a problem with the electric's in our van Mileo 202,, while checking it prior to going away, The electrics started shutting down, turned back on, for it to shut down. ££££ signs stated going through the mind, Checked all fuses, ok, removed various items,,, removed land power line, still kept shutting down,. tracked back to Habitation battery under passenger seat and there is a 50amp fuse/link in a holder, on opening I gently touched the fuse/link with plastic pen top and there was a tiny blue arc and electrics shut down,, On inspection I found a hair line scratch/crack in the fuse, could only just it see with a glass,,, panic where to get another, tried camp shop, Halfords, Electical supply shops, then found a car spare shop yes they had one only one, handed my £1-40 over,,, Got back, fitted it no more problems,,, Such a small thing,, Could have spent ££££s

From the description, this sounds like a "strip link" fuse, basically a calibrated metal link with slotted ends, mounted on 2 x M5 studs. They are available from "12V Planet" at £0.38, but then there is the delivery charge of £3.95. A "Midi Fuse" of 50A rating should fit the same holder. Both types should be available from an automotive electrical supplier. I am tempted to wonder as to what is used in mobility scooters, and whether a mobility technician would be a possible alternative source.

Alan

Archived