Camper contact, map download problem

sreve

Hi there

I am 7 months into my camper contact 12 month subscription and also my European trip. I have several countries downloaded onto my android tablet (that has loads of storage space available) so I can view them offline and so far it's been working well. However a couple of days ago I tried to get the maps for 3 other countries and after selecting the country I want it immediately displays the message 'error while downloading offline map.please try again later.' I am online when I try the download by the way. I did read that it may be worth uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it but I'm not sure if I would have to pay another subscription because I don't have any login or password details for the camper contact app (I don't know if I would need them to reinstall.) Any help or advice would be well received asap because we are heading into Macedonia in a few days.

Thanks

I have well over 20 countries downloaded and I know that some, normally the first of a batch, were a real pain to start.

It was usually finger trouble....but a few retries seemed to work.

A vague thought is that you do have to log in re Pagey's reply??

I have zero offline maps downloaded but I still have to endure 'Checking for offline map updates' for 60 seconds every time I start the app. I use CC a great deal as my number one info source but sadly it is one of the most unruly and bug-ridden apps on my phone requiring frequent forced stops and restarts every time it loses its database.

A later cold start took over 40 seconds. Personally I got used to that a long time ago and have never really noticed the actual length of time!

Different computers, phones and programmes all have their differences. ;-)

Archived