Body & Upholstery Protection

Nigel51

Hi,

About to pick up a Bailey Approach 79-6 next week. The dealer has offered body & upholstery protection by DiamondBrite for £799. My questions are. Does it work to protect against grandchildren spilling our red wine on light brown upholstery etc. Also, £799 is not cheap but can it be done DIY?

I don't know about the interior treatment but the exterior sealant is a waste of money, if not accidentally washed off within the first year it will crack and craze after about three years as it's not flexible. The salesman will be receiving a huge commission. Far better to apply a quality wax such as Collinite 476S, cheaper, lasts about 12months and you can apply it yourself

Guest pelmetman
Nigel51 - 2019-06-21 5:21 PM

Hi,

About to pick up a Bailey Approach 79-6 next week. The dealer has offered body & upholstery protection by DiamondBrite for £799. My questions are. Does it work to protect against grandchildren spilling our red wine on light brown upholstery etc. Also, £799 is not cheap but can it be done DIY?

Upholstery can be done for about 20 quid a spray can ;-) .......

As for the outside :-S .......I've also done that myself :D ........

Seems to me genuine elbow grease is a expensive option nowadays 8-) ......

I have been offered these treatments with every car I have bought and our motor home. I always refuse to pay for this but on one occasion accepted a paint treatment for free when I could not get any more cash discount. The invoice was fiddled to show a cost for this and a greater discount so that the salesman got his commission. What a scam!! In my opinion it is a complete waste of time and money as the car still needed polishing to get a good shine just as normal. I suspect the upholstery treatment would be the same. Don’t do it.

Diamond brite is avaiable far cheaper by searching the net. I have used Paintseal previously and found it very effective, worth every penny on a Bailey pageant caraavan.. I have had delivery of s new Bailey Autograph 79-4t last week with Paintseal. Very satisfied . Very good value for very good product l have no problem recommending it.

Had mine done twice,

Being disabled and unable to wash the van myself I thought that it was a good idea !

Save your money, it dosen't do what it says it will and as for the upholstery, well it made ours dark blue even darker and we had to live with that.

Pete

Whatever one buys will have its basic price. Any extras will be based on the salesman taking his percentage. I recently considered a car, there was a 'bright finish' application, there was a pay back scheme which was simply an added personal insurance and nothing to do with the vehicle, and yet another. All failed to tempt me to part with anything but the basic cost.

If you really want to keep your purchase perfect then keep it in a dark store and never use it.

Just to say,that my first time was with Paintseal (£500.00) but found that the front and rear covering came off just after two years, credit to paintseal they did come and re apply the affected areas but this second application lasted less than a year.

with the upholstery, it was very easy to tell how much darker the application made to the colour because the agent that did the job didn't bother to lift the backrest cushions and there was a five inch light stripe.

The second application I can't remember the name of but that lasted an even shorter period costing £300.00.

when I changed van's after the first year of use I booked with Motor caravan valet at Swindon where Mike spent six hours on a freezing cold day washing and polishing the van, this lasted over a year and cost £100.00.

I would use him again but you have to book so far in advance .lol

Pete

Archived