immoboliser switch

Mark Wilkes

Please can anyone help me. I am trying to fit a simple hidden switch to my 2007 Citroen relay and I was wondering if anyone could give me an idiots guide to which wire to cut so the engine can't be started. Years ago a friend of mine hid a simple switch to a wire to do this but I can't remember where he did it. Any help would be gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

I presume your van will have a re-settable impact cut out switch under the bonnet . Find the switch, it should have two wires going to it, cut one of the wires,attach a new twin wire to the ends and run the wire to where you want to fit the switch. You could use a toggle or a key switch.

Brian B.

ps If you do not have an impact switch, you could wire into the wire going to the fuel pump.

• 1 month later...
Ive cut the main cable to the battery under the bonnet of out Mercedes Sprinter Autotrail Scout and fitted a heavy duty marine switch. The entire engine electrics including our alarm is therefore switched off. The only thing is I have to retune the radio when I collect the motorhome from it's barn storage. Prior to fitting the battery would go flat after about three weeks due to the drain from the after built alarm fitted by the original purchaser.

Archived