2004 low mileage Adria Twin v's 2008 high mileage Adria Twin.

trialsrider

I'm considering changing our van to an Adria Twin. I'm limited to around £20000. There are lots of the old style pre 2007 ducato based Adria twins for about £16000 to £19000 with about 50000 miles. There is also a 2008 ducato Adria Twin with about 110000 miles for £20000. Both are similar layouts which would be perfect for our family of 3. My question is whether people would go for an older lower mileage van or a newer higher mileage van. I appreciate 110000 miles by UK standards is high yet on the continent is nothing. But spending £20000 on a 110000 mile van does not seem right to me. However most Adria twins of that age and lower mileage are about £26000.

Although the mileage does appear to be high, in it's commercial form many far exceed this.

The main consideration should be it's service history, if it has a full service history & MOT records, etc..

Another consideration would be the condition of the upholstery, especially the driver's seat, as all will have seen a lot of material wear / compaction of the foam.

The x250 twin has couple of things in it's favour. The x250 is a better drive than the x244, and the Twin layout works better on the x250 van. One thing to look out for is front axle capacity on these early x250's, with the 3.5H model it's no problem, but with the 3.3 model 4 adults and a full water tank under the dinette seat can overload front axle, but don't think that would be a problem with only 3 of you. Later models have the tank further back.

Thanks for your responses. The x250 is a lovely drive. I had a 2007 ducato lwb and now a 2014 Citroen Relay. Just spoke to the dealer selling the 2008 Adria. It has virtually no service history documented which causes me alarm. It was apparently a regular drive for the one owner last couple who had it.

The 2004 Adria has a massive advantage that it is considerably shorter at 5.6m compared to the 6m x250. With my short drive this is a big advantage.

Archived