Bailey drawer removal

steveandlisa

Hi folks,

The hot/cold mixer tap over the sink has worked loose on my Bailey 740se 2012 and needs tightening. Problem is to gain access I need to remove the drawer below the sink, its on runners and I cant see how to release them? Any help appreciated thanks.

Steve

A photo of the drawer pulled open showing the runners might help. There are a number of ways the runners can hold the drawers

Ours just a simple " pull it out. Then lift the front to remove from the runners "" Others have little catches that stop the movement of the drawer as it is pulled out.

Rgds

I notice that Steve has asked the same question before:

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Cutlery-draw-removal/49807/

I’m startled that (12 months on) it has still not been possible to establish how to remove the under-sink drawer. Surely someone - the Bailey factory, a Bailey dealership or Bailey owners on the Facebook group - must know how to do this?

The following 2016 discussion relates to removing drawers in Bailey Caravan

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-together/discussions/information-technical-tips-advice/caravans/help-required-to-remove-a-drawer-in-a-bailey-cadiz/

I don’t know if the advice will be relevant to Steve’s 2012 motorhome but, as the caravan owner was initially unable to remove the drawers until told how, the removal method may well not be obvious.

(It perhaps needs saying that it’s quite normal for drawer-removal to require the drawer to be detached from its runners, rather than detaching the complete drawer + runners assembly from the furniture carcass.)

steveandlisa - 2019-07-01 6:53 PM

Hi folks,

The hot/cold mixer tap over the sink has worked loose on my Bailey 740se 2012 and needs tightening. Problem is to gain access I need to remove the drawer below the sink, its on runners and I cant see how to release them? Any help appreciated thanks.

Steve

OK, still unable to fathom it out so I removed the front drawer panel, that was a bit of a crypton factor moment too!!! Doing so gave me just enough free arm movement to tighten up the tap back-nut, job done ;-)

Steve

Archived