Child's Birthday activity en route from Venice

nelwd

Hi

We are traveling to Venice and back in August via the Hook of Holland. My daughter will be 9 a couple of days before we get the ferry back, so I am looking for recommendations of something to do / somewhere to go that is enroute (ish) from Venice to the Hook of Holland.

She likes art / craft, water activities, theme parks etc. She is not in to 'Girly' Disney stuff, or sport in general (although likes Kayaking / canoeing, climbing etc)

Does anybody have any recommendations as to where we could go. My planned route was to travel via Germany rather than France so as to avoid the French tolls, but that is not set in stone, I will go either way if it is worth it.

Thanks

Will

We used a site in the Belgian Ardennes quite a few years ago which was riverside and there was kayaking on the river, which I enjoyed. They took us up river by minibus and we then paddled downstream.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the site (which wasn't wonderful anyway) or even the nearby town, from where the kayaking was provided but I do remember that it was a lovely area and towards the end of the downstream kayaking, getting close to the town, there was the surprise of a sluice jump, only dropping a foot or so but it raised my eyebrows as I saw that it was unavoidable. Safe but exiting in parts!

I checked on Google and there are plenty of kayaking locations in the Ardennes so you should be able to find a camping site with nearby kayaking if that would suit your aims.

Guest rael

Used to go to Europa Park in Rust, Germany when the children were young. it also has its own excellent Stellplatz so you can stay overnight(s) The stellplatz has showers, hookup etc and is (as you would expect in Germany) very clean and safe.

https://www.europapark.de/en

• 2 years later...

Archived