Edge trim

Murphy1

Hi all,

Recently purchased a newish Swift motorhome and I've noticed there are a couple of areas under the seating where there are 'cut outs' in the panels (I guess for airflow) similar to the ones in this image:

https://www.campanda.co.uk/images/item/70429669/detail/70429669-1.jpg

There are a couple of places where the kids shoes have caught the edge and lifted the the veneer slightly so would like to find out if there is some kind of trim I can use to cover and protect the edges?

THanks

I don't know of any extra edging supplied by motorhome manufacturers but DIY stores sell all sorts of edging devices, plastic metal or wood.

Take care how your do this adaptation because anything which makes a MH non-standard can easily devalue the vehicle. It might be easier to make the kids take their shoes off!

To re stick the vaneer you could try a WARM iron (not to hot) to reactivate the existing adhesive . Placing a tissue or thin cloth between iron and surface and this should protect the surface finish.

There are some plastic edging trims that are very flexable and will fit and stick around tight curves. These come in basic colours and are sold in old style hard ware shops ect and on line.

Good Luck

Keen Canary

StuartO - 2019-07-03 10:39 AM

I don't know of any extra edging supplied by motorhome manufacturers but DIY stores sell all sorts of edging devices, plastic metal or wood.

Take care how your do this adaptation because anything which makes a MH non-standard can easily devalue the vehicle. It might be easier to make the kids take their shoes off!

I do when we're travelling! But it's the other times when people are walking in and out.

keen canary - 2019-07-03 10:47 AM

To re stick the vaneer you could try a WARM iron (not to hot) to reactivate the existing adhesive . Placing a tissue or thin cloth between iron and surface and this should protect the surface finish.

There are some plastic edging trims that are very flexable and will fit and stick around tight curves. These come in basic colours and are sold in old style hard ware shops ect and on line.

Good Luck

Keen Canary

Yep, that sounds like what i am after, just a soft trim 6mm and 12mm wide in brown just to add a bit of protection.

Archived