My Truma c6002 and thanks

Mr. Grumpy

Firstly thanks for all the help and advice. It appears that I have a submerged pump, I can't actually see it but it is there. Assuming the non return valve, wherever it is, is not working will I be OK if I fit a new non return valve in the pipe between the water tank outlet and the boiler cold water inlet? Any suggestions for a supplier? I have tried CAK but can't get anyone to answer the phone!

The dump valve is working OK. Last night it opened and dumped any remaining water from the boiler and about 25% of the water from the water tank.

CAK normally exhibit at the February NEC show, which may well explain why you can't get an answer.

If I were in your position I'd want to correct the present fault rather than try to circumvent it (one of the curses of having a purist mentality I guess!). The problem, as I see it, is that the exact state of the present valve is unknown (though it obviously isn't carrying out its non-return function properly!) which means that the effect of adding another valve is a tad unpredictable.

As submergible pumps have something of a reputation for unreliability they are usually fairly easy to withdraw from the water tank for attention and, even if the present valve is completely separate from the pump, it's quite likely to be within the water tank. However, if you think adding another valve will be the simplest course of action, then I can't really see why that shouldn't work. Fit it as close to the pump as practicable.

According to their August 2005 brochure (the latest I've currently got) Truma offer two 'in-line' non-return valves:

Part No: 70000-03300 - for 10mm diameter flexible hose (with jubilee-clip fixings) - about £3 + P&P.

Part No: 70020-03500 - for 12mm diameter semi-rigid 'push-fit' (John Guest System) piping - about £6 + P&P.

You can order these from Miriad Products (see www.miriad-products.com for contact details), but you may find the P+P charge a bit daunting.

Try local caravan dealers as they may well keep non-return valves as shelf items.

Archived