ACE MILANO EXHAUST SYSTEM

Salar

Having some bother confirming which of a number of replacement exhaust systems is suitable for our 2004 Ace Milano motorhome on a Fiat Platform/Chassis (244_) with Fiat Ducato 2.3jtd 110hp engine unit. Has anyone out there knowledge of what system I require? :-S

Hi Have you taken it into a fiat dealer? you would probably do better going to a Tyre and exhaust centre.

Failing that, there is a company (whose name escapes me) who make stainless steel exhaust's from scratch and from feedback they last a long time and are not much dearer than those made from mild steel.

Pete

How much do Fiat X250 exhausts vary between Motorhome models?

To my way of thinking, the cab unit, engine, manifold, catalyst and silencer would be commonplace all cabs, maybe a small mod on the exhaust pipe to avoid something in its way. That said, very little is changed under the cab area as far as I can see from a converter, all the changes are made to the area behind to low for tanks, wiring, pipes etc.

From just looking at various models, it seems each system is unique to the Motorhome converter.

Rgds

Salar’s Ace motorhome is not based on a Ducato X250 chassis.

This link

https://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/car-parts-online/Fiat/Ducato/Exhaust-System

advertises a complete exhaust system for a vehicle that matches the Ace’s stated specification and OUGHT to be suitable. However, my (albeit limited) experience of buying an exhaust system and DIY fitting it is that what should be OK on paper won’t necessarily be OK in practice.

I have had this problem in the past with my first Burstner on a 2.8 jtd. The van was RHD but the factory fitted exhaust was a LHD one, which is totally different to a RHD one.

You may struggle to get one in the UK and thhey are as expensive (if not more) than a Stainless one. Look on eBay, they were available there from (I think) Poland at a much cheaper cost.

What I did was to buy a UK RHD exhaust (for 1/3 of the cost of the LHD one). I dropped the van off at my local mechanic and he altered the hangers to suit the RHD one and fitted it.

A quick way to tell if you hhave a LHD exhaust fitted is to see which side the tailpipe exits from under the van. If it exits on the UK nearside, it is LHD. If it exits on the UK offside, it is a RHD exhaust.

Archived