Leaky tap pipe now you see it now you don’t !!!!!!

Colin1325

Wow had a nice surprise today ....3 weeks ago I had water coming from the pipes under sink tap...so for a couple of trips we managed to use water by not having the tap shut .. and just turning on pump wen we needed water ...that solved problem for a time while I ,,,with help from this forum,,,worked out how to get to the problem .....we’ll just booked. M h in for a habitation check for next week... went round to m.h. Today to clean up etc thought I’d try pump with tap closed to check c if leak still there ,,, No it’s gone .....pump pressured up then stopped ,, no sign of leak. Great one problem solved ,,,but what happened why didn’t it leak ..answers on a postcard please

Colin1325 - 2019-07-11 1:05 AM

...Great one problem solved...

Your 17-years old motorhome is now biding its time until after the habitation service has been carried out and you've set off on a trip. There’s no point trying to guess why the leak has now stopped despite you not having identified the cause of the problem and fixing the fault - it’s what motorhomes do and, when the leak happens again, you’ll have learnt a valuable lesson.

We only ever switch our water pump on when we need to draw water, I often wonder what it would be like to have a full tank of water [140 litres ] pump out in the van should a joint come adrift , or similar ,when we were out for the day.

vindiboy - 2019-07-12 3:38 PM

We only ever switch our water pump on when we need to draw water, I often wonder what it would be like to have a full tank of water [140 litres ] pump out in the van should a joint come adrift , or similar ,when we were out for the day.

My water system is operated by micro switches on each tap so not under pressure unless the tap is opened to start the pump ...your system must be pressurised all the time ,

Derek Uzzell - 2019-07-11 8:42 AM

Colin1325 - 2019-07-11 1:05 AM

...Great one problem solved...

Your 17-years old motorhome is now biding its time until after the habitation service has been carried out and you've set off on a trip. There’s no point trying to guess why the leak has now stopped despite you not having identified the cause of the problem and fixing the fault - it’s what motorhomes do and, when the leak happens again, you’ll have learnt a valuable lesson.

And the valuable lesson is ?.?.?. Expect the unexpected ??? I’m going to ask em to check pipe work wen they pull fridge out fingers crossed...!,!,

BKen1 - 2019-07-12 4:24 PM

My water system is operated by micro switches on each tap so not under pressure unless the tap is opened to start the pump ...your system must be pressurised all the time ,

Most likely there's a non return valve in the system and there will be pressure even when the pump is off. It's easy to check really... turn off the pump and open the tap. If there's still water coming out for a while, you have pressure.

Archived